Why Real leather?

vladik

For sure a very high percentage of leather is manufactured in Asia and in this way
to make leather bags for ladies so delicate that walk their little dogs with so much love

Leather pouches are generally made in Asia

is it a good idea to open  a thread with this subject   ? where does the leather come from ?

Edited by siangue

siangue, I don't question your motive for posting the video above, which I have now hidden, but the violence displayed is not suitable for posting on this forum, IMO. Like violent scenes reported by war correspondents, some should not be publicly broadcast.

I do agree that the Chinese practice displayed, of murdering dogs, is abhorrent and should be stopped, but probably won't be.

• Like 6

It should be well known by everyone one where and how leather come from

A thread on this subject should be open, without videos of course

iPhone with Tapatalk

Edited by siangue
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sigh. It is fine if one is vegetarian or not. Every person is entitled to his or principles. But to suggest a majority of leather comes from dogs rather than lamb, cow, or horse is silly. It makes no sense from either in terms of economics or production at the least. However, this thread has gone far off topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should be well known by everyone one where and how leather come from

A thread on this subject should be open, without videos of course

iPhone with Tapatalk

Much as I sympathise with your cause, this is the kind of subject that is discouraged on this forum. There are plenty of other places on the internet.
  • Like 2

Much as I sympathise with your cause, this is the kind of subject that is discouraged on this forum. There are plenty of other places on the internet.

It is the high end luxury market where dog leather is used because it is soft and luxurious. The Leica lens bags could very well be made out of dog leather. A friend of mine went to south Korea last year to demonstrate against the dog meat/ leather trade. The dogs were hung with hooks through their feet and skinned alive. All sorts of breeds that we have as pets. I think that more people should know about this and not turn a blind eye. I hope people here are interested enough to want to know if their lens bags are made from dog leather and if so Leica should be asked not to support the dog leather industry.

• Like 3

It is the high end luxury market where dog leather is used because it is soft and luxurious. The Leica lens bags could very well be made out of dog leather. A friend of mine went to south Korea last year to demonstrate against the dog meat/ leather trade. The dogs were hung with hooks through their feet and skinned alive. All sorts of breeds that we have as pets. I think that more people should know about this and not turn a blind eye. I hope people here are interested enough to want to know if their lens bags are made from dog leather and if so Leica should be asked not to support the dog leather industry.

Totally impossible. The use of cat and dog leather has been banned in the EU since 2009 The import is illegal.

Unless the poster has proof that Leica is using dog leather why is he continuing?

Is it to create mischief?

Would he be prepared to be taken to court by Leica for gross libel?

I'm not sure this argument is going anywhere useful and it is turning me right off this forum.

Is anybody allowed to say anything without any backup?

Is this forum moderated any more?

• Like 1

Unless the poster has proof that Leica is using dog leather why is he continuing?

I was just asking where does it come from, It seems to me a fair and respectable attitude 

Edited by siangue
  • Like 2

So, this stops here.

More than one moderator explained to you why this forum is not the right place to discuss this issue here.

Leica would be completely insane to use dog leather for anything.

If you don't have any proof otherwise please stop bringing in this issue here.

There are a lot of good causes and issues much more important than Leica gear in the world.

But they can not be solved here, they derail the discussion and therefor: Please stop it.

Thank you.

Andreas

• Like 4