Leica New Jersey MIA

Glenmcd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Leica Forum

First post and thankful for the information learned here. I live in Toronto, Canada and I purchased a Leica s007 and zoom 30-90 lens last June and have enjoyed using the camera immensely throughout my travels in Northern Europe, Jamaica, and Hawaii. Unfortunately the sensor became quite dirty and the rubber membrane on the hand grip started peeling so off I sent it to Leica New Jersey for repairs. This was five weeks ago. I know they received the camera but they seem unable to answer my queries for a status update. I find this to be quite upsetting, I've never experienced this level of no service before. Not sure how I should proceed. Wondering what other people's experience with New Jersey are.

Best regards

Glen McDonald

Call, don't email, for best response.

Mixed reports on many threads here. I've had good success by establishing personal phone relationships.

Another course of action is to have your dealer intervene...hopefully you bought through a reputable one...and even better if you have a protection plan for the S (even though this should hardly be a prerequisite for good service.

Jeff

• Like 1