printing issue

keithd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All

I have a print driver issue I am printing to an epson 2100 (old I know but still does a very good job ) from lightroom 5 using a mac running 10.8 Mountain Lion. I do not have an issue with matt papers as in the paper dialogue I have that option when I go to print with gloss or semi gloss papers I do not have that option the only options in that dialogue box are plain paper archival matt and cd label

I have successfully printed semi gloss etc before so I know it should be there I am just stumped as to what is happening unfortunately I did not save those parameters as a preset once I get this issue sorted I will.

Look forward to hearing from those wiser than me 

cheers Keith

Did you recheck that the correct driver is selected in system preferences? It might also help to uninstall and reinstall.

Otherwise it might just be something checked or not checked properly in the dialog box (advanced or regular settings). I hate to repeat myself, but this is a key reason why I prefer to use ImagePrint in lieu of LR and the Edson driver...it makes all settings behind the scenes.

Update

I changed drivers i.e. added a printer with the latest gutenprint driver and ran a test yuk a mirad of options within the driver looks if I am getting double colour management rather than waste paper and ink I moved on to the next ext option created a new printer this time with the epson driver and it would appear that all the correct options are available I was about to run a test and had a closer look at the image on screen and the printed test version and there is a free horizontal line across 3/4 of the print hmmm checked the file and yes it is there.Re imported file from original master file as shot imported it into lightroom and low and behold there it it was on the dng file but not on jpeg ( I shoot both ) next step open in photoshop and guess what no green line I am now totally confused as to what is causing the green line in lightroom. I would not worry to much about this as I was using the image as a test to the driver to work but I would like to understand what is happening.

cheers Keith

Update

I changed drivers i.e. added a printer with the latest gutenprint driver and ran a test yuk a mirad of options within the driver looks if I am getting double colour management rather than waste paper and ink I moved on to the next ext option created a new printer this time with the epson driver and it would appear that all the correct options are available I was about to run a test and had a closer look at the image on screen and the printed test version and there is a free horizontal line across 3/4 of the print hmmm checked the file and yes it is there.Re imported file from original master file as shot imported it into lightroom and low and behold there it it was on the dng file but not on jpeg ( I shoot both ) next step open in photoshop and guess what no green line I am now totally confused as to what is causing the green line in lightroom. I would not worry to much about this as I was using the image as a test to the driver to work but I would like to understand what is happening.

cheers Keith

I'm interested in this phenomenon of double colour management. I've had the same problem with my light room setup printing to an Epson R 3000. Looking around the Internet, lots of people seem to experience this problem and no one seems to have the answer.

Eventually I started printing using QTR. But up to find the answer to the double colour management mystery

I'm interested in this phenomenon of double colour management. I've had the same problem with my light room setup printing to an Epson R 3000. Looking around the Internet, lots of people seem to experience this problem and no one seems to have the answer.

Eventually I started printing using QTR. But up to find the answer to the double colour management mystery

When using an ICC/custom profile, you're warned to turn off color management to avoid double color management.  With some past Mac platforms, color management was not turned off even after one clicked it off.  Again, this is one reason I prefer using ImagePrint (10) for printing after I apply LR edits.

Jeff