Is it something wrong with my M6ttl?

omllr

You are winding too much film on before you close the case. 

Yes, maybe thats why.

I don't think so. The counter resets when the base plate is opened and not when the baseplate is replaced. In other words, it shouldn't make any difference how many wind-ons you do prior to replacing the baseplate, etc., the film counter will have already started counting. I suspect the wind mechanism (the clutch part?) needs adjusting as it sounds like your M6TTL is unable to wind-on beyond 34 when there is film in the camera. My guess is that you are not at the end of the film roll when this happens. What is the spacing like between your negatives? If you have quite large spacing or very uneven spacing that may account for why you are only getting to 34 on the counter. Again, that will require adjustment to put right. Even if you are quite liberal with the amount of leader you stick in the take-up spool prior to winding, you should still expect to get to 37 on the film counter before you encounter the end of the roll.

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 1

The rewind knob has some nuts under it which can become lose and stop the film advancing. If it is a recent issue, and it gets worse, then it could be the issue: https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/film-wont-advance-on-my-m6.181429/

Happened to my M6, an easy DIY fix and all is good again.

Edited by michaelwj
  • Like 1