M10 - Solid Green line

siraf72

It seems to be the same problem as siraf72 has shown. The example is a 100% view of a test image at ISO 1000. With higher ISO the problem gets worse ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Hoelzi
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just purchased an M10 3 weeks ago, and have the exact same problem. The store is allowing me to return the camera for exchange. The line occurs in the identical spot with most exposures at ISO 1600 or greater. 

Edited by sbmay

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this on mine as well - showing up at 800 and above - I have had the camera for 3 months and thousands of frames but I don't think I made a photo above ISO 400 until yesterday - that combined with the 6 bit sensor not recognizing my lenses and the framelines not correctly changing with new lenses and I am starting to regret my diving back in to this system. I'm in the middle of a body of work right now where I never go above 400 and the other issues aren't crucial but getting more annoying. I really hate to lose this thing for a month or more or whatever it takes to repair...

Edited by pgh

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this thread siraf72. Sadly I noticed the same in some of my newly purchased M10's images and have been searching the internet to see if others had similar issues. In my case, sometimes the line is vertical sometimes horizontal. I've not been able to replicate the issue intentionally to see if the line was brought on by some combination of settings or lighting. Just this morning before I found this thread I decided I should send an email to the dealer to return the M10 since I've only had the camera for two weeks. I noticed this issue in my first batch of images and thought it might go away after some use. But now am thinking this might be some sort of sensor scanning issue and will need to be repaired. This is my first Leica camera so a bit sad to have to send it back :-(  ( I tried to post a sample image, but can't seem to figure out how to post images in this forum)

I'm new to this forum so apologies my first post is concerning a problem with the M10. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread siraf72. Sadly I noticed the same in some of my newly purchased M10's images and have been searching the internet to see if others had similar issues. In my case, sometimes the line is vertical sometimes horizontal. I've not been able to replicate the issue intentionally to see if the line was brought on by some combination of settings or lighting. Just this morning before I found this thread I decided I should send an email to the dealer to return the M10 since I've only had the camera for two weeks. I noticed this issue in my first batch of images and thought it might go away after some use. But now am thinking this might be some sort of sensor scanning issue and will need to be repaired. This is my first Leica camera so a bit sad to have to send it back :-(  ( I tried to post a sample image, but can't seem to figure out how to post images in this forum)

I'm new to this forum so apologies my first post is concerning a problem with the M10. 

Update on my situation with the hot pixel line appearing in my new M10 images. Having a bit more camera evaluation time, I decided to follow HubertusBigend's instructions posted earlier in this thread. I contacted cs@leica-camera.com described the symptoms and sent several image samples. After reviewing the images, Leica support sent back a firmware update specific to my camera.I loaded the firmware on the camera and so far after testing about 70 or so images in varying ISO and lighting conditions, the firmware update/fix seems to have solved the line issue. I'll spend a few more days testing to make sure, but so far looks very, very good. Thank you HubertusBigend !

Edited by LBJ2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I noticed a green line on my four week old M10 today shooting in low light at ISO 12500, which led me to this thread.  I've emailed customer support and hope to hear back soon based on experiences described here.

Can someone explain exactly what is happening with the custom firmware that remaps these pixels? Is that line of pixels effectively turned off and each gets the value of their vertical neighbors?

Is the mapping permanent so that subsequent firmware upgrades don't cause the issue to come back?

Thanks,

Brad

• Like 1

I am curious, the M-10 manual that I have (attached) suggests that the camera "may" exhibit some of the behaviors that some users here have experienced. Is there is a way to determine which of these are the "normal" and expected ISO related artifacts from the abnormal, some users camera's may have issues, but I wonder if some of them are working normally and exhibiting the vertical and/or horizontal stripes that the manual describes as expected in some situations?

I am curious, the M-10 manual that I have (attached) suggests that the camera "may" exhibit some of the behaviors that some users here have experienced. Is there is a way to determine which of these are the "normal" and expected ISO related artifacts from the abnormal, some users camera's may have issues, but I wonder if some of them are working normally and exhibiting the vertical and/or horizontal stripes that the manual describes as expected in some situations?

After noticing the issue I did a series of test shots from ISO 100 up to 12500 against a textured white wall. The line becomes visible while pixel peeping at 400 and very noticeable at 1600. There is no way the images I’m getting are normal high ISO noise.

Update on my situation with the hot pixel line appearing in my new M10 images. Having a bit more camera evaluation time, I decided to follow HubertusBigend's instructions posted earlier in this thread. I contacted cs@leica-camera.com described the symptoms and sent several image samples. After reviewing the images, Leica support sent back a firmware update specific to my camera.I loaded the firmware on the camera and so far after testing about 70 or so images in varying ISO and lighting conditions, the firmware update/fix seems to have solved the line issue. I'll spend a few more days testing to make sure, but so far looks very, very good. Thank you HubertusBigend !

Update. All continues to be well. No sign of Blue/Green hot pixel line since I applied the custom hotpixel firmware update from Leica support. Happy with Leica's quick response and result! 

Edited by LBJ2

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue when I received my new M10 and fortunately I stumbled upon this thread.
Just want to share my experience if future m10 owners encounter a similar problem.

I shot some test pictures and contacted the Leica Support via Email.
Pretty quickly I got a response with a link to a file-hosting-website to upload my pictures since the employee wasn't allowed to use my Dropbox link.
2 or 3 days later I got the next response with my correction-firmware. BUT my M10 wasn't able to pick up the firmware, so I contacted Leica again.

I got the response that Firmware Version 2.6.5.0 seems to have a Problem with newly written correction-firmwares and the engineers have to take a deeper look here.
(First step after receiving my M10 was to update the firmware. lucky me 🙄.. )

..Unfortunately it took some time, 2 month to be exact, until I received a new correction-firmware which worked perfectly and my green-line is gone.
I wasn't even mad at Leica for the long processing time, this was a software bug which could be corrected by now, the support was very nice and apologized many times.

I got this green banding on my M8.

• 4 months later...
On 5/20/2018 at 7:56 PM, bac said:

After noticing the issue I did a series of test shots from ISO 100 up to 12500 against a textured white wall. The line becomes visible while pixel peeping at 400 and very noticeable at 1600. There is no way the images I’m getting are normal high ISO noise.

I recently experienced the same green line problem on my new M10.

Messaged Wetzlar on Sunday. They replied first thing Monday to say engineer would send firmware fix. Fix arrived first thing Tuesday and solved the issue.

One satisfied customer.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:17 PM, greene881 said:

I recently experienced the same green line problem on my new M10.

Messaged Wetzlar on Sunday. They replied first thing Monday to say engineer would send firmware fix. Fix arrived first thing Tuesday and solved the issue.

One satisfied customer.

Same problem/solution here.

But my dark green line only appear when the CMOS was HOT (1min+ on LiveView mode or using EVF).

Wetzlar send me a firmware in 2hr. They just so skilled on CMOS fix. LOL