Angkor Wat at dawn

ejd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

November 2016.  Leica M4, 35mm f2 asph summicron, fuji reala. processed and scanned at Konota in Singapore

There must be millions of similar photographs.  There were lots of people crowded along the edge of this pond taking pictures of the same thing at the same time.  Now very much a cliché.  Still, very beautiful, remarkable, and fascinating.

The end of a roll of film that had been sitting in the camera for a few years, with several unexpected images. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ejd
  • Like 5

Thank you, Javier!

I used the 35mm lens for the entire trip over five days.  I had a 50mm with me but didn't use it.  The choice was based on laziness on my part, as my (limited) experience is that the 35mm works much of the time and I have got used to that angle of view.  But I could imagine that in many places in and around the monuments a wider angle would be good for dramatic pictures. 

I didn't use a tripod.  I just tried to stand very still and hoped for the best -- and took a few shots in the hope that one would be reasonably shake-free. 

Edited by ejd

lovely image & certainly not a cliche. beautiful silhouette. in answer to Doc748, a pocket or collapsible tabletop tripod may be useful but there is little opportunity to use a full sized tripod because of strict opening & closing times at Angkor Wat..

• Like 1

Thank you to both end and brill64 for the valuable information. I want to travel light and I think the 35mm and 50mm lenses would come pretty handy. I have a Leica table tripod that I may bring along with a monopod for the early morning shoot. Thanks again. 

Javier