recommendations for a buy once keep forever M

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 62 posts
  • City / Ort:London

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:17

Apologies for neglecting to update you all. I thought i had posted, but it didn't appear.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Thanks to all who chipped in to suggest a Leica film camera to buy and keep.

So, yesterday I went along to Red Dot cameras here in London, just to see what it looked like through an M2 and an M3. Both were very nice, the M3 being easier to focus, but I was finding as a glass wearer, I was having to peer into the corners to see the edges of the 50mm frame. I liked them both for different reasons. Then I asked the years of the cameras manufacture. The M2 just happened to be made in the year I was born, and that made the decision for me.

I'm now the happy owner of the Leica M2 black re paint, as per picture here. I've also bought a Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM lens from Japan, which will arrive shortly. All I need now is a LTM to M Mount adapter and I'm all set up (any recommendations for the adapter)? and all for under my £1000 budget.

Thank you to everyone here who took the trouble to make suggestions for me. Appreciated !

Attached Images
  • post-3938-0-18278300-1487063845.jpg
  • Like 6

Nice body! Peculiar with the chrome handles etc on the black body, very special! Enjoy! Looks mint too!

PS: I miss that rewind knob above the selftimer so much on my digital M's

Edited by otto.f