ELDIA thread follow-up (FARUX, DOOLA, FIAVI etc..)

Pecole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I always considered - even if I personally stopped collecting many years ago - that a request by a fellow Forum member was an order. So, after reading Ironmonger's comment in my ELDIA thread and to please him - and maybe others -, I plunged again in my Fontenelle collection archives to find images and details of the FARUX, FIBLA/DOOLA, FIAVI, RASAL, RASOL and other accessories I had.

Here are the first results.

- The FARUX panorama head dates 1933, but was preceded as early as 1926 by the simpler FIAMA. This panorama head for the 50mm lens had a double graduated ring, the lower used for 9 horizontal, the upper for 14 vertical pictures.

The FARUX offered the facility of interchangeable scale rings, it was sold with the standard 5cm ring, and I had both FAROS 3,5cm and FARLY 13,5cm rings. But there are also FAWAG, FAXIS and FASKI rings for respectively 7,3, 9 and 10,5 cm lenses.

Photos are of FIAMA first, then two of FIAMA and FARUX compared, the FARUX with the "normal" 5cm ring and same off, and finally an image of the FARUX/FARLY (at left) and FARUX/FAROS (at right) combinations.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Beautiful photos, Pecole. 

Below is my panarama collection with  FIAVI, FIAMA, FARUX and DOOLU.  Enough for about 20 sets.  I have all the interchangeable rings except the 200mm. There are quite a few variations in the FIAVI;  bracket, length, logo, and round vs. square shoe. The DOOLU is in black paint or chrome. Reportedly an all nickle DOOLU exists, but I have not seen it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The earliest FIAMI pre 1930 has only one scale for horizontal pans only. See below photo.

• Like 4

Below is my panarama collection with  FIAVI, FIAMA, FARUX and DOOLU.  Enough for about 20 sets.  I have all the interchangeable rings except the 200mm. There are quite a few variations in the FIAVI;  bracket, length, logo, and round vs. square shoe. The DOOLU is in black paint or chrome. Reportedly an all nickle DOOLU exists, but I have not seen it.

attachicon.gifIMG_0173.JPG

The earliest FIAMI pre 1930 has only one scale for horizontal pans only. See below photo.

attachicon.gifIMG_0174.JPG

What a marvel, Alan!  We should have met when I was collecting : I have always been fascinated by the Leica accessories...but never had, or even dreamed of such a choice. Thank you. I hope you'll comment in a similar way the  further publications to my first series.

Pecole,

I love all your posts, not only for the abundance of information about parts I never knew existed and could never imagine using, but also for the simple elegance of the presentation of the items. I get the sense that care and time was put into each photograph with great attention to detail.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen for sharing pictures of MANY unusual accessories. Lovely stuff indeed. I think it would be worthwhile for knowledgeable collectors to write primers with descriptions and pictures of the many varieties, and date sequences if known, for those of us who appreciate these goodies.

attachicon.gifIMG_0173.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0174.JPG

"IMPRESIONANTE COLECCIÓN"