Color profile M9 before/after sensor replacement

happymac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few months ago I purchased a x-rite colorchecker and created several profiles with my M9 an my CANON 5D MKii. The results especially for the Leica are very good. Just before I bought the colorchecker, the sensor of the M9 unexpectedly needed to be replaced. Now my Lightroom image database contains about 25.000 pictures shot with the 'old' sensor, for which I don't have a profile due to fact, that I bought the colorchecker after the sensor was replaced.

Can anyone assist providing me a x-rite profile for the M9 (ME) with 'old' sensor? I would be very grateful, if someone can help me.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

I can you send, but profile coming from Adobe is better (several source of light). I think they didn't create special profile for new sensor.

I'd appreciate it. By using x-rite it's possible to create a dual-illuminant profile (e.g. sun/shadow).

• 3 years later...

Hello, would anyobody have a custom ColorChecker profile for the second generation M9 sensor?

The color response of the sensor is different than the original due to a different cover glass of the sensor. 

Actually, my goal would be to understand if it is possible to make pictures taken with the second generation M9 sensor similar to the old sensor colors.  

59 minutes ago, kristyansen said:

Hello, would anyobody have a custom ColorChecker profile for the second generation M9 sensor?

The color response of the sensor is different than the original due to a different cover glass of the sensor. 

Actually, my goal would be to understand if it is possible to make pictures taken with the second generation M9 sensor similar to the old sensor colors.  

There is no difference. The Adobe profile is all you need, you can add some tweaks if you wish and create preset in LR.  Dave Farkas, from Red Dot Forum has a free M9 preset that you can use or modify to your liking.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 minutes ago, dummilux said:

Is there a thread that explains the color differences in Original vs. New gen sensors? 

I did a search but came out empty handed.

Hi. Not sure about threads, but my M9 had an original sensor, replaced by another 'original' sensor, and finally replaced by the 'new' sensor. There are no colour differences whatsoever between the old and new sensors.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Jean-Michel:

Hi. Not sure about threads, but my M9 had an original sensor, replaced by another 'original' sensor, and finally replaced by the 'new' sensor. There are no colour differences whatsoever between the old and new sensors.

I do not agree. I previously had an M9-P which had corrosion and had the sensor replaced by Leica with the second generation sensor - the color response was different (different cover glass Schott S55 and glass color used by Kodak instead of the original cover glass Schott S8612). I preferred to exchange the camera with a non replaced version - still have never performed the exercise of trying to calibrate. 

Kindly asking the original question: who has a ColorChecker profile for the second generation M9 sensor - or at least a photo of the ColorChecker with the second generation M9 sensor? Thank you so much in advance. 

• 1 month later...