Screen protectors - same size as M240?

satureyes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How did I know it would end up like this... 

Well, your question was "wondering if the LCD is the same size and therefore I can use my spare M240 protectors on the M10" and it was answered right away in the first two replies you fetched.

To wit: the screen size is not the same. The protector for the M (Typ 240) will not fit the M10.

If you can't stand the bycatch, you should not fish.  

:)

Well, your question was "wondering if the LCD is the same size and therefore I can use my spare M240 protectors on the M10" and it was answered right away in the first two replies you fetched.

To wit: the screen size is not the same. The protector for the M (Typ 240) will not fit the M10.

If you can't stand the bycatch, you should not fish.

:)

Oh I don't mind. I just think it's funny how it's all so predictable;)

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not sure. Think the post is responding to a trolling post.

Meanwhile. Back to the original question. I did say 'don't want to debate why..but...'

You, like Jaap, misunderstood Chris's post. He wasn't trolling. He isn't a troll. He was making a point about Leica's marketing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I will be protecting mine when it gets here

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

An alternative for consideration: Purchase an iPad screen protector and cut to size. I've done it many times for my own cameras, and for friend's cameras. Purchased from Tesco costing £5, but saw the same thing in Home Bargains for £2. Each sheet of iPad screen protector is good for about six average size cameras screens.

An alternative for consideration: Purchase an iPad screen protector and cut to size. I've done it many times for my own cameras, and for friend's cameras. Purchased from Tesco costing £5, but saw the same thing in Home Bargains for £2. Each sheet of iPad screen protector is good for about six average size cameras screens.

Lot of effort - they're about £5 on Amazon. Perhaps slightly inconsequential cost compared to the cost of the camera?

• Like 1

Lot of effort - they're about £5 on Amazon. Perhaps slightly inconsequential cost compared to the cost of the camera?

About 5 minutes work, and if I make a mess when fitting, eg entrapped dust, which I hate, or bubbles, I can make another immediately. No waiting for another Amazon delivery. It has nothing to do with saving a few £s to offset the thousands spent on the camera.

• 7 months later...

I tried the Giottos screen on my M10 but it was too small and covered up part of the menus, LV and image. After a bit of research I found a nice and cheaper alternative to Leica's "foil". It's from Expert Shield and designed specifically for the M10. It's not glass but it's a perfect fit and looks pretty durable. It has a lifetime guarantee and is half the price of Leica's. It retains the sleek look of the back of the camera too. Used a hair dryer to remove the Giottos and glue residue before applying the new screen protector.

• 6 months later...

Steve, great idea & works well - I can also create at least 6 of these (M240 LCD screen) from one iPad sheet screen protector. Minimal effort required IMHO. Not perfect but it does the job just fine.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, pico said:

Screen protectors are a good thing. On my original M9 it is scratched, but good to use,

my backup M9's protector is cracked and I can't get it off! I tried a dental pick (explorer),

dental floss, my fingernails. I just cannot get under it. Drives me silly.

Try a hair dryer for five seconds or so. Works like a charm on my M9 and Giottos screen protector when I’ve replaced it. 

When getting my M10 I immediately bought Leicas original screen protector as I was used to having one (unoriginal) on my M9. However, what came to a surprise was how awful the Leica protector looked in the way it really ¨grained¨ the picture. Too bad to be used on such a nice screen! The protector went of immediately!

I got some hopes when I heard that the SL protector was ¨better¨... but as spotted here in this thread, it turned out to be EXACTLY the same protector with the same size and quality...

Now more than 1 year later I am getting confident about the Gorilla Glass. I guess Leica somewhere in there actually tries to tell us that we should not be using such stuff or... ;-)

Edited by Stein K S