Yet Another Bag question

ECohen

Any idea of the purpose of the clips on the sides of the Domke F-803 bag?  I picked up that bag for the M and a couple lenses.  I like the bag so far.  Just want to cut off those two side clips.

Thanks

Not sure if this helps ....see photos

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16034-REG/Domke_701_83B_F_803_Camera_Satchel_Shoulder.html

• 1 month later...

I thought I should share my findings after 40yrs of camera bag acquisitions.

This is what I use for my M240 and 2 additional lenses.... (it's name is Coach Camden)

It is a crossbody sling bag, whereby the ultra wide strap can be moved according to whether you want left or right shoulder, and either front or back hanging (ie 4 combinations).

Double zip accommodates opening for any combination, to avoid gear falling out unexpectedly.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by dugby

Nice bag. Looks like you can carry a lot more than a camera and 3 lenses?

I thought I should share my findings after 40yrs of camera bag acquisitions.

This is what I use for my M240 and 2 additional lenses.... (it's name is Coach Camden)

It is a crossbody sling bag, whereby the ultra wide strap can be moved according to whether you want left or right shoulder, and either front or back hanging (ie 4 combinations).

Double zip accommodates opening for any combination, to avoid gear falling out unexpectedly.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nice bag. Looks like you can carry a lot more than a camera and 3 lenses?

It's actually not as big as you may perceive it to be. See this https://tinyurl.com/me7ltek

For air travel, once I get my M240 with either 50APO or 35FLE mounted, and my iPad mini 4

there's not much space left for Passport and noise cancelling earbuds...

Size details

approximately 18.5cm in width

approximately 36cm in height

approximately 6cm in depth

It's an ideal front (chest) bag, that one can easily keep on eye on

Edited by dugby

+1 for Ona Bowery (maybe in leather, looks great).

5c2600a3e022c752b203105a1ae1f422.jpg

1f6e783fd4309e316a8fe44c355efd60.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Leather Bowery is nice but it's thick leather. Not very pliable.

My favourite for a day out is the Billingham S3. Holds the M and a lens, room for more/batteries. Little pocket on the back for papers and very light and water resistant. Can add extra pockets tom if you want to expand. You might also get joy from the smaller S2.

If you like soft, supple leather, consider the Wotancraft "Ryker. Stunning workmanship, well designed, perfect for one body with lens plus several others. I have two Billinghams, the 335 and the Hadley Pro, also two Foggs, the B Major and the Flute. However my favourite day bag now is certainly the "Ryker".

Leather Bowery is nice but it's thick leather. Not very pliable.

My favourite for a day out is the Billingham S3. Holds the M and a lens, room for more/batteries. Little pocket on the back for papers and very light and water resistant. Can add extra pockets tom if you want to expand. You might also get joy from the smaller S2.

I really like the leather. But given the extra weight of it, you could stuff an extra lens in. I went for the poly oberwerth with a leather flap. But all leather is definitely nicer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can recommend following:

- Ona Bowery

- Filson Magnum Harvey Messenger bag (I think its not in production anymore...)

- Wotancraft Scout

- Wotancraft Shadow Warrior (Backpack - I dont have it yet...)

They are all (except the Ona) of really high quality and for my taste good looking (and dont Scream: steal me!)

I can recommend following:

- Ona Bowery

- Filson Magnum Harvey Messenger bag (I think its not in production anymore...)

- Wotancraft Scout

- Wotancraft Shadow Warrior (Backpack - I dont have it yet...)

They are all (except the Ona) of really high quality and for my taste good looking (and dont Scream: steal me!)

Why do you say the Ona is not really high quality?

The Ona is not really bad quality, but in comparison to the Filson or the Wotancraft its not in the same league.

Especially thd Wotancraft is much better in almost every aspect of handcrafting, I couldn't say one bad thing about there bags. It's has better materials, better stitching, better metal pafts and better padding.

Not that the Ona is bad, I also like it, but do yourself a favor and go for the Wotancraft (or any Filson - they really have reliable products).

Compared to these two brands, Ona is simply overpriced.

• Like 1

The Ona is not really bad quality, but in comparison to the Filson or the Wotancraft its not in the same league.

Especially thd Wotancraft is much better in almost every aspect of handcrafting, I couldn't say one bad thing about there bags. It's has better materials, better stitching, better metal pafts and better padding.

Not that the Ona is bad, I also like it, but do yourself a favor and go for the Wotancraft (or any Filson - they really have reliable products).

Compared to these two brands, Ona is simply overpriced.

As far as I know, Filson no longer makes camera bags - do you know where they can be purchased??

Actually I don't think the materials Wotancraft use are as high quality as Billingham and the others. Their finishing on the leather isn't as good as the others.

I spoke with a bag manufacturer at a trade show and he was looking at my bag and showing me where they cut corners.

Actually I don't think the materials Wotancraft use are as high quality as Billingham and the others. Their finishing on the leather isn't as good as the others.

I spoke with a bag manufacturer at a trade show and he was looking at my bag and showing me where they cut corners.

What bag does Billingham make that is made of leather pray tell? And a matter of curiosity who was the bag manufacturer you spoke to and of what? You said he was looking at your bag, which Wotancraft model was it?

I use an Aunts and Uncles Miles Hunter vintage brown Postbag (24 x 33 x 9 cm) with an Ciesta M size insert. It fits perfecty an you will have enough space for a camera and 3 lenses.

The A&U bag has an excellent quality!

This combination has made my Oberwerth Bayreuth obsolete

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!