Yet Another Bag question

ECohen

I have an Angelo Pelle Metropolis Bag and carried it and the M around Rome for a week.  Camera with attached lens fits well, and there is a compartment for an extra lens.

Best regards,

Vic

I also use a Metropolis Bag by Angelo Pelle.   One camera with attached lens and adjustable separator for a second lens in the main compartment.  Two small end pockets to hold another battery or other small items.  I can stuff a rain cover from another bag in a side compartment.   Its a small, low profile bag with a good strap, great for one camera/lens and a second lens.   If you carry the camera around your neck, this bag stays out of the way when strapped across the chest.  

Best,

Gary

• Like 1

The smallest bag I use (and THE most used bag!) is the Billingham Pola.

I carry the M-P 240 with lens attached and usually another lens, battery, and misc'l. stuff.  No dividers, so I use either lens pouches or bags for the extra lens.

Note that I also put personal items in the pockets so it turns into an all day personal bag.  i carry it wherever I go...all day and night.  Including restaurants, theater, people's homes, etc.  Discreet, small,  and doesn't look like a camera bag. 

I've been using it for two years.

https://www.billingham.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/119/category/4/

Edited by sml_photo
  • Like 2

Anyone have a Billingham Digital Hadley..... ?????

Will it nicely hold an M240 with a 50mm f/2 lens attached, a 90mm f/2.8 and a 28mm f/2.8? I'm expecting to store a lens on either side and put the camera on top with the attached lens hanging down? Does this configuration seem safe? Will it all fit?

From pictures of the bag it look like it was designed to be used this way?

• Like 1

Swiss Gas Mask bag - no one will suspect you've got $10,000+ worth of gear in it - have been using one for years.  1 Body with lens + 1 or 2 small lenses in neoprene beer can sleeves.  I added a stiff cushioned bottom.  2 layers of 3 ply cardboard and 2 of neoprene - all taped together.  Have dropped it off my shoulder a few times - no problem whatsoever.  Usually carry it slung across the back

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fox-Outdoor-Swiss-Gas-Mask-Bag-Olive-Drab-099598424701/43290069?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2400&adid=22222222227032010390&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=61111300136&wl4=pla-108498846296&wl5=9021743&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113842271&wl11=online&wl12=43290069&wl13=&veh=sem

Swiss Gas Mask bag - no one will suspect you've got $10,000+ worth of gear in it - have been using one for years.  1 Body with lens + 1 or 2 small lenses in neoprene beer can sleeves.  I added a stiff cushioned bottom.  2 layers of 3 ply cardboard and 2 of neoprene - all taped together.  Have dropped it off my shoulder a few times - no problem whatsoever.  Usually carry it slung across the back

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fox-Outdoor-Swiss-Gas-Mask-Bag-Olive-Drab-099598424701/43290069?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2400&adid=22222222227032010390&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=61111300136&wl4=pla-108498846296&wl5=9021743&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113842271&wl11=online&wl12=43290069&wl13=&veh=sem

Very wise behaviour. Old shopping bags, old backpacks, old satchels have no attraction to tea leaves (thieves). Fancy camera bags are a statement. (I have loads of valuable gear in here!)

Avoid statements and your camera will stay yours.

Will it nicely hold an M240 with a 50mm f/2 lens attached, a 90mm f/2.8 and a 28mm f/2.8? I'm expecting to store a lens on either side and put the camera on top with the attached lens hanging down? Does this configuration seem safe? Will it all fit?

I do, use it exactly as you say, face down lens attached and AFAIC its perfect. I typically carry a 21 SEM, 35 pre-ASPH lux and the 75 lux with my 240 and RRS grip with no issues. I have, at times carried the 240 with four lenses in it,  28 pre-ASPH, the 35, a 50 summicron and the Elmarit 90.  The bag is tall and wide enough that if you have  a small  lens bag for  the 35 or the 50, you can lay it sideways under that camera with lens attached.  Small, well padded, good at keeping the elements out. The added pouch on the side easily takes a spare battery and the evf. My favorite bag of all time.

• Like 1

I have a Hadley Small (and a Pola).  I use the Pola locally, so to speak, and the Hadley Small for travel and when I need extra gear. 

As we speak, I have it loaded with a M-P (240) on its side in the middle (between the two dividers).  On one side of the divider is my 90mm which fills that cavity well.  There's also room on top of the 90 for a spare battery, lens hood, EVF, or whatever you have that will fit.  On the other side (in the other column), I have the 50mm on it's side with a flap that's velcroed to the wall of the column folded over it...as a shelf.  On top of that flap is the 24mm lens laying on its side with another flap which covers it.  That leaves another "shelf" flap for whatever items you didn't put on top of the 90mm.  Two pouches on the front outside are filled with cleaning equipment, etc.  I also have a cable release, WB card, etc. stuffed in the back of the insert itself.  (The insert is the compartment that actually holds the gear--it can be put in or taken out of the cavity of the bag).

Sounds MUCH more confusing than it is.  And it's not cumbersome.  Nothing is squeezed in.  And nothing is touching anything else. 

• Like 1