Yet Another Bag question

ECohen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know this is just another boring bag question, but you guys travel a lot and have this down. I'm tired of looking.......
......considering I've been looking for the prerfect bag for 40 years ...I need some new direction....please.

Whats the smallest bag for carrying an M240 with a lens attached and one extra lens.  Lightweight, not leather......any brand, it doesn't have to be a camera bag or stylish.

All my bags are too big I have an AA  One Day Bag but I want something smaller. I also have a Billingham Alice, its too wide.

Generally I don't use a  bag. Once at a location I put a camera over my shoulder  and xtra lens in my pocket. But this this trip will be less about photography. I guess I'm looking for a small man purse something to put my camera in while I'm enjoying a meal in a restaurant or at an event/meeting......I'll be walking a lot.

Has anyone used or seen a Camsafe Z2 by Pacsafe?
Will it fit an M with a lens and one xtra lens?
http://www.pacsafe.com/catalog/product/view/id/373/
Dimensions (H x W x D): 16 x 16 x 10 cm / 6.3 x 6.3 x 3.9 in
Weight: 520 g / 1 lb 2.3 oz

All help is welcome

If you are planning to walk a lot then a back pack is best because it distributes the weight across both shoulders.

My choice of a camera bag was a Fogg. I still have it. It is great for short walks.

Go for a hike and you need a more balanced solution.

I picked up a soft interior, padded, back pack last year. It is waterproof, has loads of pockets and compartments. Just under 50 GBP.

Hard work to find a better solution!

It holds a passport or two, a smart phone, a wallet, a corkscrew (essential), my M-P 240 plus 3 lenses (50, 90, 24) memory cards, charger, a spare jacket, and still has loads of room for water, beer, cheese, and the other essential of life.

How much does it weigh? Empty about 200 grams. Light as a feather.

No need to waste cash on special products. Nobody is going to steal this bag. It goes between my ankles at a café, restaurant, bar or pub. Place one leg through the shoulder straps and Bob's your Uncle. :)

• Like 4

Domke F5XB?

Fogg B-Laika/Lyre/Soprano?

Crumpler Haven (in another bag)?

Edit: for this size and weight of bag and weight of contents, I have never felt the need for a backpack for longer walks; a good shoulder strap is fine, and both Domke and Fogg straps are excellent. Obviously it depends on your back condition, muscles and fitness, so YMMV.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

If you are planning to walk a lot then a back pack is best because it distributes the weight across both shoulders.

My choice of a camera bag was a Fogg. I still have it. It is great for short walks.

Go for a hike and you need a more balanced solution.

I picked up a soft interior, padded, back pack last year. It is waterproof, has loads of pockets and compartments. Just under 50 GBP.

Hard work to find a better solution!

It holds a passport or two, a smart phone, a wallet, a corkscrew (essential), my M-P 240 plus 3 lenses (50, 90, 24) memory cards, charger, a spare jacket, and still has loads of room for water, beer, cheese, and the other essential of life.

How much does it weigh? Empty about 200 grams. Light as a feather.

No need to waste cash on special products. Nobody is going to steal this bag. It goes between my ankles at a café, restaurant, bar or pub. Place one leg through the shoulder straps and Bob's your Uncle. :)

Hello Peter,

Could we have a translation of "Bob's your Uncle" please?

Best Regards,

Michael

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Peter,

Best Regards,

Michael

"Everything will be fine"
  How's That Peter?

Let me add, I'm looking for the smallest bag that I can get.
an M w/a lens and an xtra lens ...that's it.
No extra room no extra weight.

Thanks for all your advice

Edited by ECohen
  • Like 2

Brady Kent or Billingham Pola shoulder bags. No padding so you would have to add your own. Will fit two lenses (one mounted) and a body plus your wallet, keys.

Next size up is Billingham Hadley Digital. Padded and room for more.

Cheers

J :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mute-on
  • Like 1

Hello Peter,

Best Regards,

Michael

Good morning, Michael. The expression, "Bob's your uncle," is used regularly in Britain in the same way as the French use, "... et voila!"

"There you go!" is another similar expression.

There is a good article here: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/bobs-your-uncle.html

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

Here is my current "bag" for walkarounds.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 3

I came across and purchased a Manfrotto bag, about the same size as the Bowery bag, for just under $100 Canadian at Henry's. Fits a 35 with goggles, 50, 135 with goggles, 21 VC and viewer, and one body with one of the 21, 35, or 50 mounted. Nicely made bag. Don't see a model number on it .

Jean-Michel

Has anyone used or seen a Camsafe Z2 by Pacsafe?

Will it fit an M with a lens and one xtra lens?

http://www.pacsafe.com/catalog/product/view/id/373/

Dimensions (H x W x D): 16 x 16 x 10 cm / 6.3 x 6.3 x 3.9 in

Weight: 520 g / 1 lb 2.3 oz

All help is welcome

With those dimensions (and I assume they are external) it would be smaller than (e.g.) the Fogg Flute, which I have. I wouldn't care to keep an M body and two lenses in it, though you can stuff them all in.

• Like 1