Who is waiting for the M10-P

ymc226

Im going to spend the next two years enjoying my M10, rather than waiting two years for the same camera. 

I already spent on M240/246 in 2014/2016 and will continue to enjoy both.  I may get interested into latest platform once M10M is announced in the meantime I will be on a look out for a "cheap" S/H SL601. 

The only thing that would make the M10 more 'P' than it already is would be faster start up times, and I wouldn't hold my breath (I think it will take the intro of an electronic shutter release - M11 perhaps). All the rest is cosmetics, which of course one is more than welcome to wait and pay a premium for. Personally, I'm happy with what I consider the best functioning camera I've ever used (esp for Leica) in 35 years of being a pro photographer. 

Edited by charlesphoto99

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I apologize for having posted this question elsewhere, but has anyone heard if there will be a monochrome version?

That is the M10 I am most interested in. 

As for the M10-P, I would order an ala carte M10 with no red dot, top plate engraving and sapphire rear screen - instant M10-P!

What do you hope the M10-P will bring the current M10 is missing? Welcome to the forum BTW.

Probably the absence of a red dot, better rear screen, lovely engraved top plate, and whatever the designers wished to add for initial release but were told to wait.

Usual stuff really and IMO it is worth the wait. 

• Like 4

Probably the absence of a red dot, better rear screen, lovely engraved top plate, and whatever the designers wished to add for initial release but were told to wait.

Did know that. Anybody wants my M10? Will now have to wait for the P and use my iPhone while doing that.

yes, the images are going to look so much better...I really wish I waited. lesson learned.

• Like 1

What do you hope the M10-P will bring the current M10 is missing? Welcome to the forum BTW.

Thank you for the welcome! Peter captured exactly why I'm waiting for the P.

Thank you for the welcome! Peter captured exactly why I'm waiting for the P.

Personally, I can't imagine putting off the purchase of an M camera I really wanted in order to wait years for the P version. All the things mentioned are merely esthetic except for the more durable rear screen, and I have never had a problem with the rear screen on a camera getting munged up. I would rather have the camera and enjoy the improved functionality sooner than wait years for minor esthetic improvements. But that's just me and I am really chomping at the bit to get my M10 after six years with the M9.

Personally, I can't imagine putting off the purchase of an M camera I really wanted in order to wait years for the P version. All the things mentioned are merely esthetic except for the more durable rear screen, and I have never had a problem with the rear screen on a camera getting munged up. I would rather have the camera and enjoy the improved functionality sooner than wait years for minor esthetic improvements. But that's just me and I am really chomping at the bit to get my M10 after six years with the M9.

Yes, you are right that it is merely esthetic but that's what I prefer. In the mean time, I'm happy using my current cameras that I own. :)

Hope you get your M10 sooner than later! :cheers:

• Like 1