Who is waiting for the M10-P

ymc226

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got the M240 when it first came out but somewhat regretted not waiting for the M240-P just for appearances sake.  I previously got the M9-P and MM1 and like the lack of the red Leica dot and the "Leica"script on the top of the M9-P.  I'm in no hurry to get the M10 as I just got both the Q and SL.  

Anyone out there waiting for the M10-P?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think this generation I will approach differently.  I bought the M8.2, upgraded the m9 to M9-P specs, and purchased a demo M-P240.  This time, I think I'll just use the M10 of the 4 years or so until the M11 is released.

Eric

• Like 1

I got my M10 already, but if there's an option to upgrade in 2-3 years, I'll probably do it. I think this generation will be upgradable. Unlike thr M240, the base model comes with a frame selector lever, and I don't think they'll increase the buffer.

It depends. The last P did actually add some functionality worth of the P label given it had more RAM and better buffer. They put the frame selector back, something I don't use often but find useful.

So I am hoping that this P the USB is put back in with a grip. If so I will buy it straight away.

I would also like video to be put in because it is useful - not all video needs the quality of a feature length hollywood film to be useful.

Not holding my breath though.

No. I don't like the P upgrade manoeuvre on principle.

Neither do I.
But Leica's tactics kept from hasty purchases:
Used to the better sapphire glass of the M8.2, an upgrade to the M9 was deferred.
When the M9-P was available, the dilemma of the sensor prevented a purchase.
Then Leica repeated its strategy of denying of sapphire glass for the M240:
As soon as the M-P(240) was available, first rumors around the M10 could be heard.
So save and wait, now for the M10-P.
In the meantime, the M8.2 has managed more than 60,000 releases after some initial difficulties.
Edited by mnutzer