First Photo with a New M-P

Rangefinder

Nice photograph of your grandson.

I have 4 grandchildren, 2 girls, 2 boys.

Used 10 rolls of 36 exposures each of Tri-X over the Christmas holidays. Used a M4-2 with. 28 f2.8 Elmarit lens.

Smiles and fun!

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you, gentlemen, I really appreciate your comments.

Bill Clark, I had to smile at your burning through 10 rolls of Tri-X with your M4-2.  Almost 50 years ago, the US Army issued me a Leica M2-R.  That was my first experience with the brand.  I was amazed at what that little camera could do!  I recall shooting so many pictures with the camera set at 1/500th @ f8 and they came out just fine.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed a visit with this little guy a few days ago.  He's the youngest of our three grandson and, a few weeks ago, was diagnosed with autism.  He's very high functioning and, since his parents have gotten him into a great program, he has "blossomed."  At two-and-a-half, he reads on a rudimentary level and does simple math.  Before this wonderful new school he's been attending he was, basically, non-verbal.  All that has changed!  Anyway, he fell victim to my 50mm Summicron:

L1000141%20Cropped%20B%26W%20copy-L.jpg

Fun stuff these grandsons and Leicas!

Mike

• Like 5

Than you, Robert.  My little guy loves letters & numbers.  He recited the alphabet for me the other day and, then, did it backwards (I can't do that!) raising his arms in triumph.  He used to get very frustrated about his inability to do a particular task but this schooling he's receiving has virtually eliminated 99% of that.  It's really amazing what these teachers have done in such a short time.  Thank goodness for teachers!

Mike

• Like 1