Taab lens tab loose fit on a 50 Lux E43

vanGeist

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there, anyone here with a Taab lens tab who can give me some advise? I bought a Taab lens tab standard for my Summilux-M 50 E43 because I really like tabbed lenses. I streched it just as much to fit the lens but the fit is very loose and wobbly. When I focus fast the Taab even moves nearly off the focusing ring. Can I expect it to shrink over time and to build up a stiff connection to the focusing ring, as it's made of some kind of rubber?

I even tried to made a wedge out of leather to tighten the fit, but that did not workt that well.

I have over-stretched my Taabs sometimes also, but they don't re-tighten with time/use. I now try to use without stretching, even though it is a bit harder to put on (but it stays on better!). If loose with standard size with minimal stretching, use the mini size (their web site lists the suggested focus ring diameters for each Taab size). I agree, I really like the tabbed lenses and use Taabs on all if possible/needed. Once installed with "right" size, they work well (but a bit ugly....)

I finally gave up on Taab, glue-on tabs, staps and had SK Grimes make one of these aluminum levers.

It is securely clamped by a hex fastener and the tab can be turned directly

below the lens which keeps the camera from tipping forward when set down.

focus-lever.jpg

Edited by pico

I have over-stretched my Taabs sometimes also, but they don't re-tighten with time/use. I now try to use without stretching, even though it is a bit harder to put on (but it stays on better!). If loose with standard size with minimal stretching, use the mini size (their web site lists the suggested focus ring diameters for each Taab size). I agree, I really like the tabbed lenses and use Taabs on all if possible/needed. Once installed with "right" size, they work well (but a bit ugly....)

I got in contact with Nate of Taab and he recommended me to try the Mini. Let's see how it works.

I finally gave up on Taab, glue-on tabs, staps and had SK Grimes make one of these aluminum levers.

It is securely clamped by a hex fastener and the tab can be turned directly

below the lens which keeps the camera from tipping forward when set down.

focus-lever.jpg

Can you tell a price for that custom made lever? It looks extremely well made. If the Mini Tab won't work, I'm thinking of something similar.

Edited by vanGeist
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm thinking about a TAAB for my 50MM Cron (non-tabbed).  I've searched around and it looks like a TAAB Mini will work but it might cover up the focus scale.  Is this the case?  

Thanks.  

This is how mine looks:

20170409_153255_zpsvbf1pqhk.jpg