leica elmarit M 90mm f2.8 version 1 -- help

tifh21

Advertisement (gone after registration)

382 grams in Contax Mount. The lens is short. Is there such a fast 75/85/90 much lighter? 75 APO is 430 grams. The lightest 90 cron is 475 grams.

If weight is critical, then the Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 Thin is very nice at just over 200 grams and you see them go for 500USD. At f/8 they are the equal of the Elmarit-M according to Puts. Very nice classic look WO.

32133532195_d742f1a85c_z.jpg

Cuties by unoh7, on Flickr

I think the elmarit OP is looking at is 330 grams.

On nikkor swirl. With leaves/trees it has a very mild swirl. Not a dominant trait, but it can appear as seen above.

30586144226_30a7ceedef_b.jpg

Fall Bounty by unoh7, Nikkor 82/WO

It was the all brass chrome Leica ltm 85/2, definitely more than that contax mount weight.

Anyhow, I sold it and still have the 50/1.4 and 35/1.8 nikkor ltms. I like nikkor ltm lens but the all brass 85/2 is just not balanced well on M bodies.

Maybe the later black version is lighter, but I'm good with elmarit, not a heavy 85/90 user anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the Elmarit 90/2.8 V1 with removable lens head: it's really inexpensive, will require a lens hood, should your eyesight deteriorate can be used with OTZFO-Visoflex, and also gets you into macro territory if you use a tripod...if you want to try weird, collectible, and expensive, instead of the VERY heavy Nikkor 85, look into Summarex!