What film do you miss most ?

SilentShutter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hope this is the right place to pin it ?

Reading a post from Henry today I had to think about it again,

really there are some films I would love to use again even nowerdays !

Color Silde Film - Kodachrome 25

Color Negative Film - Kodak Ektar 25

Black & White Negative - Agfa APX 25

Something you would like to come back too ?

Something you really miss ?

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I will miss BW400CN when I finally run out of it (which I effectively have because, having only about 6 rolls remaining, I no longer think of using it routinely). I also miss being able to buy Portra 400 for £5 or so per roll (it's now more like £8-9 if you can get it) but such is life. I'll still buy it; I'll just think about it a little more before snapping away haphazardly. 

Kodachrome is a film that I'd like to see back but the truth is I still had a number of process-paid rolls remaining when the last lab closed so I'm not sure how much I really want to shoot the film. I suspect if it's one of those things that I miss the idea of more than the reality.

• Like 1

Agfa CT 18 

because it was in the nifty 60´s my first slidefilm in my Agfa Silette.

It excited my grandmother, my parents, the neighbours and me during my so called "Dia-Abende"

as a young boy in the pre-televison era of my familiy.

CT 18 had a warm, smooth rendering of colors - some grain and was not toooo sharp. And the colors in my slides of the black-forest, where I was born, had wonderful shades of green, especially in sunny days. Totally different character to the more aggressive Fuji-Green.

But helas - after some decades my slides have now changed to much more red...Kodachrome that I used later also, rested more stable.

Now when I want slides from my M6 I take the AGFA CT Precisa - because it is cheap and good.

"Maybe I am a dreamer..."

But the Precisa  has nothing more in common with the charming CT 18.

The smell of youth and my beginning of slide-photography.

"Tempora mutantur..."

Edited by machmaphoto
  • Like 1

Hope this is the right place to pin it ?

Reading a post from Henry today I had to think about it again,

really there are some films I would love to use again even nowerdays !

Color Silde Film - Kodachrome 25

Color Negative Film - Kodak Ektar 25

Black & White Negative - Agfa APX 25

Something you would like to come back too ?

Something you really miss ?

Pretty much the same films for me, although Fuji 400X was a great, great film, and I really liked some of the Agfa colour negative films, like Agfa Ultra.

In truth, though, there are so many to be missed - GAF 500, Kodachrome and Ektachrome 64, APX100, Plus-X, VPS... plus many other very special films.

• Like 1

I really liked Neopan 1600. But if one is shooting color film with a hybrid workflow, digital post-processing provides so many options in terms of types of looks that Portra 400, for example, makes me not miss a lot of color films that were available in the past. Come to think of it, it's ironic, really, that Kodak Portra 400 came out after the market for film had been virtually eviscerated by digital. Based on Kodak's ciné film technology, it has excellent color and skin tones, huge exposure latitude, fine grain and is easy to scan. 

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine