Folks upgrading- how many will keep your M9s?

myk7000

The one thing I do get frustrated by with the M9 is the buffer.

It's an obvious limitation. When I first got the camera, I was coming from shooting sonys, and I often did the spray and pray thing, later sorting through many shots to get the good one. WTF? That was my reaction to the M9 shutter. :)

In hindsight it was a godsend for my technique. I shoot the M9 in about every situation, including action sports. I never hit the buffer any more. I look carefully to get the shot. That discipline has been contagious, and at the moment I'm shooting 2 A7.mods and the M9. M glass on all. I shoot the Sonys the same way the M9 has taught me. My keeper rate has soared. Not that they are all fantastic, but I just don't see all the crap I used to throw out.

To get the shot in one click is more than a artificial ethos. The subjects notice extra clicks if they are close. You look extra close. It's very fast.

Now, if I was often doing events with shot lists, I would get back into the multi-shot mode. My Sonys will do it anytime, but they have not been out of single shot mode for a year. I don't enjoy photography as much when I need to do that anymore. But no doubt the great shutter on the M10 would be a big help in many professional situations, where you can't afford to let a fly-fishing purity get between you and the fish :)

But, I have to ask, where is 1/8000?

This is very nice to have shooting a 75 lux WO in daylight.

Edited by uhoh7

Call me a hoarder. I've been called much worse. I'll eventually get an M10 when some used ones start popping up. I'll always keep my M9. Eventually I'll find a cheap way to fix my M8 and I'm keepin' that too. And I'm keepin" my M3.  Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. These camera's are too nice to unload....   Those are my three M-igo's.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by JohnnySeven

But, I have to ask, where is 1/8000?

This is very nice to have shooting a 75 lux WO in daylight.

1/8000!

It's on the M8. :p

WO in daylight. Well, you will need a ND filter I'm afraid.

It's a work around, but does work.