Folks upgrading- how many will keep your M9s?

myk7000

Will keep my M9 until the day a new M can match my CCD images.

I think that day will come for me, owning my M10 now for 10 days, I see that coming and more than just a match. The images remind me of Kodachrome25, more than those from my M9, what some people seem to see. I will keep my M9 however, it's just such a good friend.

Too many cameras. I have to focus on only one. If I buy M10 I should sell M9. Having more cameras we always will be hesitating which to pick.

Has M9 something special that M10 lack?

Moreover, we always have a spare another camera (pocket).

M9 will be simply unnecessary (redundant).

Edited by olgierdc

I'm trading my M240 for an M10, but will retain my M8.2 as a back-up camera (never owned an M9).  The M 240 and M10 are better cameras in many ways, but the M8.2 is a very capable machine that has never given me a problem.  It never made sense economically for me to sell it, especially since I think a back-up is wise for travel, and a second M is ideal for that purpose.  Frankly, if it weren't so noisy (the shutter re-cock), I'd probably put it to more use.....b/w conversions can be especially nice.

Jeff

• Like 2

When I get my M10, and can work on profiling and adjust ACR settings - I'll bet I can produce beautiful side-by-side M10 and M9 color pictures that will be impossible for any one here to tell apart. Or at least tell which is which above random chance.

The M10 .dngs start from a different place (lower contrast, and pinker WB if one is foolish enough to use the "As Shot" setting) - but it's not that long a walk.

But as I said earlier in the thread, I'm keeping the M9, too.

• Like 3

I"ll keep my refurbished black M9-P still for a long time. Together with the 50 Summicron she produces wonderful pictures and with pushing the DNG's in LR the low light abilities are not that bad. Together with a thumbs up and a Mr. Zhou halfcase she feels great in my hands and looks really good.

Bought a m240p (and a r to m adapter) when my m9p went in for a few months to get a new sensor. I wasn’t all that happy with using the evf 2 but did like the images I could get with 24mp and easily using the r lenses i have. I carry the 9 with the new sensor, a mm1, the 240 and a 28 cron/35lux/50noct and either a 75 or 80 lux in my most used bag.  Today I just bought a sl, b & h just got more of the m to l adapters today…..so I’ll have the sl with m and r lenses, the m9p and my mm1.  That gives me the sl’s evf especially for the noct,  75/80lux's and 100r macro apo and then rangefinders with color and b/w ccd's. 

Seems logical in my mind. 

Edited by taosantamonica

I'd love to sell my M9 for like $1,800 but it has about 135,000 actuations and it's pretty banged up. There are so many on the used market, that I don't think it would sell.  I'm on the wait list for the M10 in several stores, but I'm not sure when I'll get my camera.  I thought about selling my M9 Monochrom, but I've decided to keep that one. I love having a black and white only camera -even if I do hit the buffer pretty much every time I try to shoot with hit.

I'd love to see my grandchildren from above and hearing their mother say: "oh that M9 was from your granddad, so now you know where your fascination with imaging comes from". And father: "isn't that interesting son, this sensor has been changed 4 times for free"

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...