Leica M10 Reviews & Videos

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My full Leica M10 review is now up on Red Dot Forum. Please have a look.

Leica M10 Review: The Quintessential Digital M

Happy to answer any questions.

David,

This is an exceptionally well written review...I especially enjoyed the journey thru M history.

Thanks for taking the time to write the best review yet.

• Like 4

Probably the best writeup on M10 I've seen so far.

One thing, which I haven't seen a definitive answer to, what's the actual base ISO for the M10?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

David,

This is an exceptionally well written review...I especially enjoyed the journey thru M history.

Thanks for taking the time to write the best review yet.

Whatever. Can't deal with this anymore. Just pathetic. I mean. Seriously. Who does this guy think he is. Posting excellent reviews, pictures to boot. Give me a break. Totally overrated. His blurb on the M246 was already to blame for my burning through my budget. Now this. M10. A disaster. Who calls their camera M10 anyway? Will it ever stop? The folks at the Leica store agreed -- when they took my order.

:-)

• Like 4

To echo the sentiments above, this is an exceptional review. It makes it difficult to resist coming back to Leica. My mind is very much a muddle (more so than usual anyway).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a remark about the sticky ISO dial and the fiddly buttons, which Tobers mentions in his first two points of "annoying things":

I know that many users described these issues as well. Though I got the impression that Leica changed both during production. My M10 was produced end of February and I cannot find the ISO dial too difficult to lift and turn around. Neither have I had any problems that the buttons don't react if you touch them too long or too short. Other users which could compare different cameras at a workshop by a Leica dealer also report big differences between different models for these two points.

Just a remark about the sticky ISO dial and the fiddly buttons, which Tobers mentions in his first two points of "annoying things":

I know that many users described these issues as well. Though I got the impression that Leica changed both during production. My M10 was produced end of February and I cannot find the ISO dial too difficult to lift and turn around. Neither have I had any problems that the buttons don't react if you touch them too long or too short. Other users which could compare different cameras at a workshop by a Leica dealer also report big differences between different models for these two points.

Im not so sure Leica made any changes. I have a first batch camera and don't have these issues...but then again, its relative to your expectations;

1- The ISO dial is stiff by design, but I never had an issue lifting it (I don't wear gloves though). I find it the perfect level of resistance. I wouldn't want it to be any easier to lift or turn once lifted.

2- The buttons are designed to be tapped...if you push and hold it won't function. Again, this is by design to prevent accidental button pushes in a case or bag. I like this approach, and it works well for me.

I haven't seen another M10 that is any different than mine. Honestly, if these two things weren't as they are, we would have far more complaints.

1- The ISO dial is stiff by design, but I never had an issue lifting it (I don't wear gloves though). I find it the perfect level of resistance. I wouldn't want it to be any easier to lift or turn once lifted.

Agreed - the issue I had with the dial is only when wearing gloves. The designers have purposely made it so you have to pop it up in a certain way, which is tricky with gloves on. It's simple enough without gloves and works very well. I wouldn't change it - just pointing out that it's awkward with gloves on, but then so are a lot of things!

• 2 weeks later...