What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

• 1 month later...

Here you go.

MIDDLE: M2 + 50mm Summicron

RIGHT: M10 + 35mm Summilux + EVF in case on top of lens

LEFT- under the flap is a 24mm Summilux.

I generally keep a spare charger on top of the flap and there is room left over on top of the two bodies to add two additional lenses if needed.

There is room for an iPad in the main compartment (I have a color chart here)

There is also a front flap with 2 small pockets and 1 large + a zipper compartment. On the back there is another pocket suitable for documents, etc.

I previously used a b-laika and loved it, but it was a bit too small. This is the perfect upgrade, without being too big.

Hey guys - I know a few of you have gone with the Last Waltz so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions, it's tough to tell how I'd like it without seeing it in person.  The Last Waltz seems a bit more square than the b-laika or the b-sharp - at least in the pictures it looks a bit more like a briefcase?  Also, is the lid gusseted like on the b-laika or b-sharp?  I like the b-laika, but really think I'd prefer to have a handle, so that had me looking at the b-sharp - then you guys popped up with the new Last Waltz so I'm all confused :)

Thanks!

Hey guys - I know a few of you have gone with the Last Waltz so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions, it's tough to tell how I'd like it without seeing it in person.  The Last Waltz seems a bit more square than the b-laika or the b-sharp - at least in the pictures it looks a bit more like a briefcase?  Also, is the lid gusseted like on the b-laika or b-sharp?  I like the b-laika, but really think I'd prefer to have a handle, so that had me looking at the b-sharp - then you guys popped up with the new Last Waltz so I'm all confused :)

Thanks!

Im not sure what you mean by square...its just a slightly larger version of b-laika...mostly taller. Plus it has a few added pockets. If you find the b-laika just slightly too small, you will love the Last Waltz. Its the perfect size for me, allowing me to add the few items that just wouldn't fit into the b-laika. The added handle is a bonus, that comes in very handy.

Overall I don't miss the b-laika at all...this is the perfect bag imo.

Im carrying two bodies with lenses attached + 50mm Noctilux, iPad or color chart, two batteries, evf, card reader and a few other supplies...and still have room on top to add another lens if I really needed it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@mikemgb - yes, that's the ONA Bowery Leica Edition. I think it fits any M, 2 lenses, charger and spare battery. It is half the weight of the leather version.

Or one M, one lens and several boxes of film. :)

Thank you, I'd probably have to buy the camouflage version to get away with carrying it in the American Midwest.....

• Like 1

The great Canadian photo journalist Louie Palu spent 2 years in Afghanistan using a pillow case for 2 body's and 4 lenses. Im not that spartan so I use this military spec shoulder bag with a photo bag insert. It holds my body, 5 lenses, battery charger/batteries, a 12" macbook air, and a notebook with a few pens.  It also has the molle system so I can attach pouches on the sides and front.  Its a great durable little bag.  And it doesn't look like a traditional camera bag, thats a good thing. I have a green one and a desert coyote one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by JohnnySeven
  • Like 3

Thanks again, I just ordered one.

Your welcome - hope, it meets your expectations. I used mine yesterday for the first time and got the impression that the shoulder-belt is a bit slippery/smooth and has a tendency to glide down from the shoulder...so I may look for one of those sticky rubber pads. Other than that, I am really happy with the bag.

• Like 1

Your welcome - hope, it meets your expectations. I used mine yesterday for the first time and got the impression that the shoulder-belt is a bit slippery/smooth and has a tendency to glide down from the shoulder...so I may look for one of those sticky rubber pads. Other than that, I am really happy with the bag.

The only qualm I have is that my M2 may not fit with the Leicameter attached but that's something I'll figure out how to work around.

Best bags IMHO to date (don't look like camera bags - except to aficionados. also have camera friendly features - e.g. zip covers or recessed zips not to scratch. also give great protection):

Minimal shoulder with hard sides: Manfrotto Advanced camera shoulder bag Compact 1 for CSC or Street camera shoulder bag for CSC: £39.99

Small very well made backpack: LowePro Slingshot Edge 150 AW: £63.99

Small shoulder bag leather: ONA Bowery

Larger shoulder bag that doesn't look like camera bag: Tenba Cooper 13 Slim

Best backpack/sling ever: Manfrotto Advanced camera and laptop backpack Tri S for DSLR/CSC

ONAb1280_zpsu4f4yqo4.jpg

ONA1280_zps3lzlk63y.jpg

arrived today

Had the leather version of this bag. Liked the size and looks of it for carrying around the M casually, but decided the weight was too much so sold it. However, this new nylon version is tempting! Always looking for something that looks less like a camera bag, smallish, yet still functional.
  • Like 1