What bag for the M10?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nice...I just ordered one for all my gadgets. Leica Disto, color meter, notebook, tools, etc.

You'll be happy with it. My girlfriend has been using a Topo bag every day for 4+ years and it still looks new. They're a cool company, and everything is made in the Denver area. If you're ever there, stop in to their shop. We visited in September and it's a neat little space with good food nearby.

I'll be using a Topo Designs Field Bag. http://topodesigns.com/products/field-bag

Mine arrived today. I ordered the olive because it was on sale for $99...I almost didn't because its pretty loud looking on the website. But it looks great in person...and the bag is exceptional design and quality. I really like this bag. Probably not ideal for an M as it only has one divider, but it will actually hold more than my b-laika.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Mine arrived today. I ordered the olive because it was on sale for $99...I almost didn't because its pretty loud looking on the website. But it looks great in person...and the bag is exceptional design and quality. I really like this bag. Probably not ideal for an M as it only has one divider, but it will actually hold more than my b-laika.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I hear you on the single divider. I guess it is suboptimal for carrying more than one lens since they're so small? Or just that an M body + lens is still smaller than the divided section? Is that what you're thinking? I'm coming from a DSLR to the M system so this bag may not work for me once I get my M10. I may actually go to a larger size Topo bag and use an insert, either by them or someone else, that can go inside to crade the camera. I'll probably be using just a single lens to start off so I'm truly not sure what to do bag-wise. 

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you on the single divider. I guess it is suboptimal for carrying more than one lens since they're so small? Or just that an M body + lens is still smaller than the divided section? Is that what you're thinking? I'm coming from a DSLR to the M system so this bag may not work for me once I get my M10. I may actually go to a larger size Topo bag and use an insert, either by them or someone else, that can go inside to crade the camera. I'll probably be using just a single lens to start off so I'm truly not sure what to do bag-wise. 

yes, It would need another insert to work. I can put 3 M lenses in pouches on one side and the other side is too large for an M + lens. With the right insert it would make a great M case. Im using it for my meters and other gear...its perfect.

I have a Domke bag, which is basically an overpriced storage bin for my equipment at home.  When I go out shooting, I usually just take the camera with one lens and perhaps a few ND filters stuffed into my pockets.  If I am going to be away from home, I will take the Domke with the full kit.

• Like 1

I admire our UK and European friends' selections of bags. There is a significant cultural gap from the USA where we are largely of rural influence and afraid of looking girlie. Yes, a shame. There are not many urban sophisticates who carry cameras.

I have two of these sling bags. One bland, another in dark blue. So shoot me. :)

The small pocket at the top holds 4 M9 batteries and a lot of SD cards.

There are two M9s with lenses in the main pouch, a SF24D  flash with extra batteries in the bottom,

and a third lens, 75mm Summilux in the middle front. Oh, and a handgun partition against

the body. I kid you not.  I use it for paper work.

slingbag1.png

Would it be more acceptable if remade in leather?

I have a guy who could do it.

Edited by pico
  • Like 5

Billingham Hadley Pro or Artisan & Artist bag.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by zenkizero

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever falls out of the cupboard first!

For years, I had a small bag (LowePro, I think, for FM2 and a couple of lenses) and a Tenba backpack for the 503cx and associated clobber.  Since I bought my first Leica, they have bred ... Billingham Combination M, Filison Magnum,  DoTheBag Mono 9, a Wotancraft of some description and two Peaks Designs.  All fabulous, but like my beloved's handbag, full of crap I don't need to lug about (until I need it, of course).

Plastic bag gets more appealing as the days go by!  In all honesty, I really only use bags for travel - the rest of the time, camera over the shoulder, and that's it.

If I bought a shiny new M10, somehow the most used and beaten up bag I can find in the bottom of my closet would be the first pick.

• Like 1

Finally received a Fogg Last Waltz, thanks to Jono for the recommendation.

Its perfect...holds two bodies and three lenses

• Like 4

The email in you mention is not in use...

I managed to find a few limited edition Ona Bowery bags in camouflage in Australia - only 100 bags were made which sold out but the Australian distributor C.R. Kennedy has a few non-numbered bags left.

See message below and follow up with Alfred directly if anyone's interested. 

Good afternoon Hollis,

Thank you for your enquiry. Whilst the 100 units of the camo bowery was limited to the site only, we did receive a small allocation of non-serialised bags for sale.

I am happy to offer the price of 250 EX GST with free shipping on one, alternatively, I do have limited stock and a sample in the Mascot office if you would like to take a look at it (the nylon quality is fantastic)

If there is anything I can further assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Alfred Tsang

atsang@crkenned.com.au

CvyF3K8WYAA3NWX.jpg

I've gone through Ona, Domke, Fogg, A&A, Wotancraft, Dothebag, and finally settled on a Billingham Hadley Small in black. It's the right size for two bodies (Leica Q and M10 w/ 50 lux) or M10 and 3 lenses + accesories. And canvas bags are so much lighter.

• Like 1

A Belstaff leather colonial bag (554) with a tenba byob insert

• Like 2

Would you mind posting  few shots inside the bag with the bodies etc in?

Here you go.

MIDDLE: M2 + 50mm Summicron

RIGHT: M10 + 35mm Summilux + EVF in case on top of lens

LEFT- under the flap is a 24mm Summilux.

I generally keep a spare charger on top of the flap and there is room left over on top of the two bodies to add two additional lenses if needed.

There is room for an iPad in the main compartment (I have a color chart here)

There is also a front flap with 2 small pockets and 1 large + a zipper compartment. On the back there is another pocket suitable for documents, etc.

I previously used a b-laika and loved it, but it was a bit too small. This is the perfect upgrade, without being too big.

• Like 4