The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

What bag for the M10?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Peter H

Peter H

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 8,863 posts
  • City / Ort:Scottish Highlands

Posted 20 February 2017 - 22:49

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Billingham Hadley small. Not too big. Not too heavy. I have tried a few Ona bags and although they look nice, they are very stiff and too heavy. For leather, consider Wotancaft. Have a couple and they are nice. But I always return to my comfortable and usable Billingham bag. It's a no brainer.

Good.

Otherwise you'd have to change your name and confuse us all!
  • jonoslack, Mike Rawcs, SPB2 and 1 other said thank you
peter

#62 eyeheartny

eyeheartny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 23:26

Nice...I just ordered one for all my gadgets. Leica Disto, color meter, notebook, tools, etc.

You'll be happy with it. My girlfriend has been using a Topo bag every day for 4+ years and it still looks new. They're a cool company, and everything is made in the Denver area. If you're ever there, stop in to their shop. We visited in September and it's a neat little space with good food nearby.

#63 digitalfx

digitalfx

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Moderators
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:28

I'll be using a Topo Designs Field Bag. http://topodesigns.c...ducts/field-bag

Mine arrived today. I ordered the olive because it was on sale for $99...I almost didn't because its pretty loud looking on the website. But it looks great in person...and the bag is exceptional design and quality. I really like this bag. Probably not ideal for an M as it only has one divider, but it will actually hold more than my b-laika.

Thanks for sharing.

• eyeheartny said thank you to this

#64 eyeheartny

eyeheartny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:32

Mine arrived today. I ordered the olive because it was on sale for $99...I almost didn't because its pretty loud looking on the website. But it looks great in person...and the bag is exceptional design and quality. I really like this bag. Probably not ideal for an M as it only has one divider, but it will actually hold more than my b-laika.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I hear you on the single divider. I guess it is suboptimal for carrying more than one lens since they're so small? Or just that an M body + lens is still smaller than the divided section? Is that what you're thinking? I'm coming from a DSLR to the M system so this bag may not work for me once I get my M10. I may actually go to a larger size Topo bag and use an insert, either by them or someone else, that can go inside to crade the camera. I'll probably be using just a single lens to start off so I'm truly not sure what to do bag-wise. 

#65 digitalfx

digitalfx

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Moderators
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:44

Yeah I hear you on the single divider. I guess it is suboptimal for carrying more than one lens since they're so small? Or just that an M body + lens is still smaller than the divided section? Is that what you're thinking? I'm coming from a DSLR to the M system so this bag may not work for me once I get my M10. I may actually go to a larger size Topo bag and use an insert, either by them or someone else, that can go inside to crade the camera. I'll probably be using just a single lens to start off so I'm truly not sure what to do bag-wise. 

yes, It would need another insert to work. I can put 3 M lenses in pouches on one side and the other side is too large for an M + lens. With the right insert it would make a great M case. Im using it for my meters and other gear...its perfect.

#66 Desmocrat@icloud.com

Desmocrat@icloud.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA
  • City / Ort:Frankfort

Posted 24 February 2017 - 22:40

I have a Domke bag, which is basically an overpriced storage bin for my equipment at home.  When I go out shooting, I usually just take the camera with one lens and perhaps a few ND filters stuffed into my pockets.  If I am going to be away from home, I will take the Domke with the full kit.

#67 pico

pico

Sponsoring Canine

• Premium Member
  • 13,741 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • City / Ort:Winona

Posted 24 February 2017 - 23:30

I admire our UK and European friends' selections of bags. There is a significant cultural gap from the USA where we are largely of rural influence and afraid of looking girlie. Yes, a shame. There are not many urban sophisticates who carry cameras.

I have two of these sling bags. One bland, another in dark blue. So shoot me. :)

The small pocket at the top holds 4 M9 batteries and a lot of SD cards.

There are two M9s with lenses in the main pouch, a SF24D  flash with extra batteries in the bottom,

and a third lens, 75mm Summilux in the middle front. Oh, and a handgun partition against

the body. I kid you not.  I use it for paper work.

slingbag1.png

Would it be more acceptable if remade in leather?

I have a guy who could do it.

Edited by pico, 25 February 2017 - 00:10.

• jonoslack and Manolo Laguillo said thank you to this
Hell, I am in my own ignore file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic