Availability?

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

worth mentioning that I don't have my camera yet either!

I'm really surprised Leica didn't make some sort of arrangement with you, and perhaps two or three others, Jono, in consideration of the work you put into illuminating these launches.  Putting you at the front of the queue would be the least they could do!

Hmmmm

Seems to me that this is a perfect reflection of any kind of supplier (for anything under constraint) :

Some are making optimistic estimations

Some are making pessimistic estimations

Some are refusing to make any estimation.

But I suspect that the trouble is that Leica are cycling around the world doing deliveries . . but that it's tough to predict when and where the next deliveries will be ready, and safer not to raise the hopes of the dealers.

On the other hand - we're only a month in from the launch, and lots of people have cameras  -  here's hoping that they'll speed up!

worth mentioning that I don't have my camera yet either!

You are being delayed because of Brexit. :)

I just spoke to BH about my order placed on Jan 18. They have changed from "no information" to they are showing "a couple of days". We'll see! Not holding my breath...

Hi, I have also placed an order on Jan 18 around noon time, fully charged (international order). After placing my order, they have given me an estimate arrival date at their wear house on Feb 12th. Later on got postponed to Feb 17th, and then got postponed again to March 17th. After that, I have emailed BH again to see the reason for delaying for 1 full month, and the reply I got was that everything is enclosed, and that they are expecting a shipping arriving at their wear house on March 3rd now. Every time I check for my order status after getting push back, they were able to give me another estimated date right away. However, I have a feeling that they are just making up the date to comfort their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am looking for updates from Adorama... They are notoriously silent. Every day i call them to ask about my order and their answer has not changed a bit.

For your own sanity and the expeditious fulfillment of your order, I beg you to stop calling them every day. I worked fast food as a kid. Do you know what my lifer co-workers did to irritating customers? (You do not want to know.) Anyway, if there's any way the anyone can bump you down the list, the people taking your calls are doing it.

• Like 3

I just read the spreadsheet and you listed "first shipment" as given delivery date. Any idea how many cameras they received and were you really in their first shipment? 

They said they weren't getting "big shipments," that they were basically dribbling in one or two at a time. I have no idea whether they're sending them out round-robin to dealers but what I heard is not inconsistent with that theory.

• Like 1

For your own sanity and the expeditious fulfillment of your order, I beg you to stop calling them every day. I worked fast food as a kid. Do you know what my lifer co-workers did to irritating customers? (You do not want to know.) Anyway, if there's any way the anyone can bump you down the list, the people taking your calls are doing it.

That was exaggeration on my end when i said i call them everyday. I intended to show craving for the camera. I might have called once a week though.

• Like 1

But I suspect that the trouble is that Leica are cycling around the world doing deliveries . . .

You've got me thinking of Santa with a sleigh.  No way he could fill all those orders by morning, but he does!

I'm #12 at my usual dealer at the moment, but willing to accept a silver M10 and hoping that all the folks ahead of me have black chrome lust.

scott

• Like 1