Photos of drawings which lens and ring ?

cirke

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have to make pictures of small drawings but none of my  lenses allow to get close enough, the focus distance is too far

I've never tried with a macro ring 

Which lens should I use and which ring to be about 20 cm?

M 240

my lenses :

28 , 35 summilux

50 apo

90 summicron

135 apol telyt

I don't want to buy another lens , only a ring for one of my lenses

50 or 90 I guess but which ring ?

Thank you

PS : sorry wrong category , it should be in M lenses
Edited by siangue

Consider the BOOWU-M and a collapsible Elmar-M 50mm (not expensive). Together they make a copy stand of fixed focus. There should be three separate heads (which the inner lens barrel fits onto, and the camera fits onto the other side of the head), which are for shooting A4, A5 and A6. They are used with the legs extended at one of three lengths to match. I used it for a number of years with an M2, but it should work equally well with any digital M.

One of the extraordinary array of beautifully engineered gadgets that Leica used to produce to expand the scope of the M (and earlier) systems.

Edited by LocalHero1953

Thanks but I  don't want to buy a new lens , I have enough lenses with my 5 , I am looking for a ring to use with one of my lenses

the BOOWU-M would work with my 50 apo ?

No - it needs the collapsible Elmar, which allows you to bypass the focussing mount. They are not hard to find or expensive, and it makes an error free set up. And the lens bayonet connector on the BOOWU-M is not an M bayonet.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

Thank you mmx_2 , I need all the set ?

is it possible to get only one ring for my 50 apo ?

You have to buy the whole set (it's only sold like that) or one or two OUFRO, but with the novoset different magnifications are possible. I always bring an OUFRO with me for quick and dirty macro with Elmar 24 or lux 35 (both give very good results), but I also have the novo set. Drawback with novo is that it screws apart so it's slower than stacking OUFRO.

• Like 1

it seems perfect If I can put it on my 50 apo

It works with any lens giving different magnifications. Drawback with the longer ones are of course a very thin DOF. Benefit is on the other hand that you get further away. For shooting flowers the 24 Elmar is just awesome! I don't think the the results from the Apo will be anything but stellar:)

M240

the drawings are 10 to 20 cm large, I want to get the max pixels of them

then OUFRO ? and what would be the MAP distance ?

any link to buy it ?

thanks

Only available used:(. The novoset with one ring is exactly the same as one OUFRO.

• Like 1

I built my own extension tube out of a lens bayonet cap and a body cap.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/240934-diy-extension-tube-m240m-p240-only/

It was more me wondering "hey, i wonder if this works" than anything else, but it does work very well.

the only issue is the lens doesn't lock into the cap, but that can be quickly remedied with a bit of gaffa tape.

can get 1:1 (FOV at MFD is 24x36mm) with my Olympus 28mm lens, from memory the 50mm does 36x50mm and the 90mm 72x50mm

a bit of experimenting with body caps (you can get a bucketful for a few $ on eBay) and different lenses will likely net you a workable solution.

• Like 2

Nice! Actually, with my 3D-printer it should be possible to print a set like that:). I think I have both mounts in 3D already.

I built my own extension tube out of a lens bayonet cap and a body cap.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/240934-diy-extension-tube-m240m-p240-only/

It was more me wondering "hey, i wonder if this works" than anything else, but it does work very well.

the only issue is the lens doesn't lock into the cap, but that can be quickly remedied with a bit of gaffa tape.

can get 1:1 (FOV at MFD is 24x36mm) with my Olympus 28mm lens, from memory the 50mm does 36x50mm and the 90mm 72x50mm

a bit of experimenting with body caps (you can get a bucketful for a few $ on eBay) and different lenses will likely net you a workable solution.