Took the first step yesterday...

pridbor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm using the negative holder that came with the Epson V600.

But the slight curvature of the film isn't made straight by this device. I will try the heavy book trick.

I still wonder how the Photo Lab got my negatives so flat though. Could it be that they use a heat source?

Not too unhappy with my results though, but enjoy your experienced feedbacks.

Thanks again

Preben

Likely the film was pressed and moved through rollers with the lab development. If it was color film, C-41 process was used which is heated around 40 deg C during development and fixing stages. Pressure and elevated temperature might have helped to straighten out the film during and after development.  

• Like 1

I'm using the negative holder that came with the Epson V600.

But the slight curvature of the film isn't made straight by this device. I will try the heavy book trick.

I still wonder how the Photo Lab got my negatives so flat though. Could it be that they use a heat source?

Not too unhappy with my results though, but enjoy your experienced feedbacks.

Thanks again

Preben

I also use the Epson V600, flip the films over then reverse the images as you scan, it seems to be easier that way and the images seem to look a little better.

• Like 1

Inverting the film did the trick :-) I had assumed that the reflective surface would upset the scan!?

I have placed a heavy book, Anna Karinina should be heavy enough on top of the film strips and will see how that works out in a couple of days.

Many thanks to you all to take me through this beginner/beginning phase of hopefully many more exciting home development. I must add that I got the wife to help out, timeimg, cleaning funnels and cover and she took a real interest in the outcome, it did help that it was images of our kids and grandkids but that might help if I try to go the next step!

Preben

• Like 2