Who came to the S from large format film?

djmay

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I'm going the other way.;

After starting off with a cropped sensor Nikon D7000 in 2010, then moving onto a D3s followed buy a M9, MM and M240, I then moved to a S006 (I loved that camera) I then got into shooting film with a M6ttl and progressed to a Hasselblad 503CW. I upgraded my S006 to a S007 and now I have just bought this :) :) :)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.53.31.png

I am so excited about shooting this camera when I get back to KL in 3 weeks time..............I just know its going to knock spots of what I already have....we will see :)

Congratulations, Neil! Well done! It's a beautiful camera, I had a similar camera, the Wista, wooden as well, and it was a very nice rig, light and small.

It's a good idea to buy a fresnel lens for the back, in order to achieve a brighter image.

The cloth should be large, 1 m x 1 m at least. And because you are in the tropics, it's nice if the exterior side is white instead of black.

You are going to have long hours of pleasure!

Edited by Manolo Laguillo

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

It's a good idea to buy a fresnel lens for the back, in order to achieve a brighter image.

!

thanks for the feedback......... what's a fresnel lens???

thanks for the feedback......... what's a fresnel lens???

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?83616-What-is-a-fresnel-lens

Actually, it's a piece of plastic, with this texture on one face, and completely untextured on the other. When mounting it in full contact with the ground glass, the textured face must be the closest as possible to the matte face of the glass. In other words:

a. if the fresnel lens is between the glass and the optic, the textured face of the fresnel will be on the side opposite to the lens.

b. if the fresnel lens is between you, the photographer, and the ground glass, the textured face of the fresnel will be fully contacting the ground glass.

Obviously, the fresnel lens, if located between the lens and the optic, shall not change the glass position on the frame.

Here I include a scheme of the order of things.

A camera without fresnel is like this:

OPTIC                                  Ground Glass                       Photographer

The fresnel can be either this way:

a.        OPTIC               FRESNEL   Ground Glass                       Photographer

or this way:

b.        OPTIC                                  Ground Glass  LENSERF     Photographer

I AM TRYING TO EXPRESS with the word 'FRESNEL', written in case a. correctly, and in case b. the other way round, from right to left, as if we were semithics (LENSERF), what I mean above.

The 'L' is the textured side of the fresnel

The 'F' is the untextured side.

• Like 1