Capture One v. 10 and the M240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, 

I decided to switch over to C1 from Lightroom this year. The changeover coincides with the purchase of a new M-D. In setting up the styles, etc., it seemed to me that the M240 profiles were too saturated. The DNG neutral seemed to be a better profile. Anyone else have the same experience? Any problems with the M240 profiles? 

• Like 2

I have exactly the same experience: using the 240' profiles I got too much saturation. Like you I'm using the neutral DNG profile as starting tool.

Note that I use C1 v.9, and given what you see, I will wait before to go to the version 10. Hoping that one day C1 will have some M-D specific profiles.

I also had the same problems - M240 profiles being too saturated.  I've been asking Phase One / C1 on their forum and with a product request for support of the MD / 262 since the release of the MD.  I raised the question again after the release of C1 10 and no support for the model.  There is more info on this here along with the reply I received from Phase One / C1 :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/267114-capture-one-pro/

After receiving a reply from C1, I contacted Leica to ask the same question.  Last week I received a reply from Leica.

"Your mail caused us to revise the capture one support of Leica cameras together with Phase One. We have started the dialogue to include more models, and I expect to see the integration of M (Typ 262) and M (Typ 246) pretty soon."

So fingers crossed we may see more M support in C1 very soon.

• Like 5

I also had the same problems - M240 profiles being too saturated.  I've been asking Phase One / C1 on their forum and with a product request for support of the MD / 262 since the release of the MD.  I raised the question again after the release of C1 10 and no support for the model.  There is more info on this here along with the reply I received from Phase One / C1 :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/267114-capture-one-pro/

After receiving a reply from C1, I contacted Leica to ask the same question.  Last week I received a reply from Leica.

"Your mail caused us to revise the capture one support of Leica cameras together with Phase One. We have started the dialogue to include more models, and I expect to see the integration of M (Typ 262) and M (Typ 246) pretty soon."

So fingers crossed we may see more M support in C1 very soon.

WOOT! My timing couldn't have been any better, could it?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks, hopefully it will expand to theMM1 as well.

As well, lenses could be incorporated in this project. The list of lenses with a profile is very short.

Albert

The MM1 is already supported in Capture One.  A full list can be found here:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Software/Capture-One-Pro/Supported-Cameras.aspx

I've also been pushing for more lens profiles.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...