The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Capture One v. 10 and the M240

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcsmythe

pcsmythe

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 15:47

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi, 

I decided to switch over to C1 from Lightroom this year. The changeover coincides with the purchase of a new M-D. In setting up the styles, etc., it seemed to me that the M240 profiles were too saturated. The DNG neutral seemed to be a better profile. Anyone else have the same experience? Any problems with the M240 profiles? 

• papimuzo said thank you to this

#2 papimuzo

papimuzo

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • City / Ort:Geneva

Posted 11 January 2017 - 16:08

I have exactly the same experience: using the 240' profiles I got too much saturation. Like you I'm using the neutral DNG profile as starting tool.

Note that I use C1 v.9, and given what you see, I will wait before to go to the version 10. Hoping that one day C1 will have some M-D specific profiles.

marcel

#3 otto.f

otto.f

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 17:08

Yes me too, DNG neutral, perfect, with the M262 files

#4 Wyck

Wyck

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 18:43

I also had the same problems - M240 profiles being too saturated.  I've been asking Phase One / C1 on their forum and with a product request for support of the MD / 262 since the release of the MD.  I raised the question again after the release of C1 10 and no support for the model.  There is more info on this here along with the reply I received from Phase One / C1 :

http://www.l-camera-...apture-one-pro/

After receiving a reply from C1, I contacted Leica to ask the same question.  Last week I received a reply from Leica.

"Your mail caused us to revise the capture one support of Leica cameras together with Phase One. We have started the dialogue to include more models, and I expect to see the integration of M (Typ 262) and M (Typ 246) pretty soon."

So fingers crossed we may see more M support in C1 very soon.

• papimuzo, coup de foudre and Steve Ash said thank you to this

#5 pcsmythe

pcsmythe

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:04

I also had the same problems - M240 profiles being too saturated.  I've been asking Phase One / C1 on their forum and with a product request for support of the MD / 262 since the release of the MD.  I raised the question again after the release of C1 10 and no support for the model.  There is more info on this here along with the reply I received from Phase One / C1 :

http://www.l-camera-...apture-one-pro/

After receiving a reply from C1, I contacted Leica to ask the same question.  Last week I received a reply from Leica.

"Your mail caused us to revise the capture one support of Leica cameras together with Phase One. We have started the dialogue to include more models, and I expect to see the integration of M (Typ 262) and M (Typ 246) pretty soon."

So fingers crossed we may see more M support in C1 very soon.

WOOT! My timing couldn't have been any better, could it?

#6 Alberti

Alberti

Very Long Term User

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • City / Ort:Rotterdam

Posted 15 January 2017 - 20:09

Thanks, hopefully it will expand to theMM1 as well.
As well, lenses could be incorporated in this project. The list of lenses with a profile is very short.
Albert

#7 Wyck

Wyck

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 20:59

Thanks, hopefully it will expand to theMM1 as well.
As well, lenses could be incorporated in this project. The list of lenses with a profile is very short.
Albert

The MM1 is already supported in Capture One.  A full list can be found here:

https://www.phaseone...ed-Cameras.aspx

I've also been pushing for more lens profiles.

• Steve Ash said thank you to this

0 user(s) are reading this topic