Authenticity vs felt Reality

SilentShutter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are a lot of things we discuss each day. Cameras and lens and all the technical stuff

what is to expect in a camera forum of course, but I need to know how you feel about the

pictures you take and the results you get......

Are they similar to the one you saw in the viewfinder ?

Are you going to modifie them to get closer to the picture you wanted

or do you think this is manipulation and were ist the boundary ?

I asked her to stop doing the make up and placed her right before a big window - first shot.

27975012ic.jpg

Taking pictures and catching a feeling are different things I know

so I started to improve the shot to get closer to my vision.

27974910wl.jpg

How do you do ? Do you make some variations of your pictures ?

Is it a process were you look and change it again and again ?

I am open for discussion and maybe (I hope) see some of your samples too !

Thanks for looking....

• Like 5

You have a wonderful "subject" and I think she looks gorgeous in both shots!... Maybe the second one is more "photographic", IMHO. She has incredible eyes and I was already impressed by the shot you posted in portrait forum and her look!

I usually do not make different variation and try to have one version that would satisfy me more or less. I think it would really complicate for me to choose one if I had different versions.

• Like 1

I think your processing definitely improved the portrait. Skin tone and contrast are noticeably better in the bottom image. The one thing that bothers me in both is that her left eye has more shadow around it. I'd like to see it lightened so that both eyes are the same. Otherwise, it really draws attention. As for make-up, this woman really doesn't need it.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Frankly my preference is for the first, soft tones and less contrast, especially as far as the skin tones are concerned.

Regards

Charles

I prefer the first one too. I prefer to see some skin texture rather than the polished photoshopped skin one sees in magazines. Your second is still far from that, but one can see easily that it is 'processed'. Somehow I prefer pictures that look like they have not been in PP (but they are of course, invisibly)

• Like 1

There are two area's that feel a little bit overdone in the second one to me (just my view of course):

1. the forehead and above the nose is too featureless

2. The reflections in the eyes look more natural to me in the first one

Just move the sliders back a bit over those area's and it would improve IMO. Congratulations with your model! She really does not need makeup :)

Edited by dpitt
  • Like 1