Kodachrome MIGHT be coming back!!!

A miller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...still wrapped up and frozen - I am in no hurry. Thanks for all the input, folks - very informative.

attachicon.gifIMG_7424.1.jpg

Lovely, but methinks a lost cause.

It reminds me of those ultra-wealthy nutters who have themselves frozen in liquid nitrogen at death in the delusional belief that they will be brought back to life in the future :-)

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 2

It reminds me of those ultra-wealthy nutters who have themselves frozen in liquid nitrogen at death in the delusional belief that they will be brought back to life in the future :-)

Even if it were ever to become technically possible, why would anyone want to bother with defrosting some wrinkly old billionaire, especially if it is the one currently resident in the white house  :lol:

Wilson

• Like 2

...except that the Kodachrome issue is strictly a matter of economics. Nice analogy, but wholly irrelevant in this instance. A bit like discussing apples and, I dunno, spark plugs?

Hello Aesop,

It's been a while.

Best Regards,

Michael

...greetings, Michael. I got a little bit sidetracked during my quest for world domination. But I'm back now - got a fair bit of processing and printing to keep me occupied for now.

• Like 1

Please! Where's your sense of humour...and I think it was completely relevant to compare, in good humour, the the owner of the Kodachrome (yourself)and ultra-wealthy frozen nutters.

The analogy simply referred to dead things on ice with an unrealistic glimmer of hope that one day they would be thawed out and brought back to life!

I wasn't meaing to be offensive and if I still had a dozen rolls of Kodachrome I'd probably also keep them in my freezer :-)

Edited by MarkP

Please! Where's your sense of humour...and I think it was completely relevant to compar, in good humour, the the owner of the Kodachrome (yourself)and ultra-wealthy frozen nutters.

The analogy simply referred to dead things on ice with an unrealistic glimmer of hope that one day they would be thawed out and brought back to life!

I wasn't meaing to be offensive and if I still had a dozen rolls of Kodachrome I'd probably also keep them in my freezer :-)

...oh, the humour's there, MarkP - please re-read. No offence taken, incidentally. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It  would  be  wonderful  for  Kodachrome   to  return .

Last  night  I was   showing    20  year  old   slides  which were  as  good  as  when  they   first came  back from processing.

Last month  I  gave  a slide  show  ,  all  Kodachrome  ,  taken  in  2005  ,  colourful , crisp  pictures   up  on the  wall   ,  wonerful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here, here! NOTHING beats Kodachrome for a slide show IMHO. I recently showed my old ones and my father's from just before WWII, to my granddaughter, and the colors were incredible, I felt like I was actually the one taking the early shots.

• Like 1

Although the revival of Kodachrome is about on the same level of probability of Elvis still being alive, well and working in your local Macdonalds, there is some good news. Kodak is releasing a new version of Ektachrome 100 colour reversal film in a super fine grain emulsion. This was originally developed for their new super 8 cameras but they have found it also works well in 35mm size. See Kodak press release here press release - available from the last quarter this year. This must be a bit of a blow for the Ferrania guys. The last thing they needed was more competition. The next thing you know, Harman will be re-releasing Ilfochrome film  :) . 

Wilson

• Like 1

If they would reintroduce Ilfochrome paper (aka Cibachrome), I would send them a Christmas card.

Michael, 

I think they either have or are about to. I spoke to someone at Harman last year about this and they said they were hoping to by next spring. 

Wilson

• Like 1

• 1 year later...