Identification please!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cleaning out my drawers i found this mysterious object. 

It has a M - bayonet. There are threads deep down in the black thing. What is the purpose of the black protruding things which i guess is screws on the outside? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Do the 3 little screws cross completely the cylindrical body ? I f so, I suppose that they are made to secure some (cylindric) device that must be inserted (and probably screwed onto)the accessory : all in all, it makes me to think of a device to Mount a M camera onto some lab (microscopy, probably) equipment.

In Laney's book I have seen a "Universal Camera Attachment" for M and Leicaflex cameras on Microscopes : is a set of accessory which includes code 543195 described as "Adapter for Leica M"... it could be yout item, looking at the picture.

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

The part could be - as described - a microscope or telescope adapter. {... or similar }

The adapter 543195 is a M-Mount to M-Bayonet tube, that bridges the 'visoflex-distance' of 41mm.

( The mysterious objekt is therefore not the # 543195 )

Thorsten

Edited by Dao De Leitz
  • Like 2

I don't know specifically, but it is most likely some adaptor from M body to microscope. 

This gives me the opportunity to request if anyone knows about this following M camera attachment. The first photo shows a black and a white attachment, they both have M bayonet mounts with deeply protuding into the camera baffeles.  The other end is a straight tube of exactly 40 mm.

The second photo shows the attachment mounted to an M leica. The white unit is opened so that two light bulbs are visible, they dirrect light into the attachment, where it enters a prism and is directed via a small lens directly toward the film.  A baffle must keep it from exposing all the film frame, only about one-forth of the frame would see this light.

The final photo shows a close up of the camera end of the attachment, with the small (2mm)  lens that directs light at the lower portion of the film.

The 40mm tube does not fit the Ortholux or any other Leitz microscope I have, so it may be for something altogether else. I know Leitz made many scientific instruments and also metrology devices.

Any ideas or leads appreciated.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The part could be - as described - a microscope or telescope adapter. {... or similar }

The adapter 543195 is a M-Mount to M-Bayonet tube, that bridges the 'visoflex-distance' of 41mm.

( The mysterious objekt is therefore not the # 543195 )

Thorsten

I use it with Sony Alpha 7_2 with V lens, very usefull

Do the 3 little screws cross completely the cylindrical body ? I f so, I suppose that they are made to secure some (cylindric) device that must be inserted (and probably screwed onto)the accessory : all in all, it makes me to think of a device to Mount a M camera onto some lab (microscopy, probably) equipment.

In Laney's book I have seen a "Universal Camera Attachment" for M and Leicaflex cameras on Microscopes : is a set of accessory which includes code 543195 described as "Adapter for Leica M"... it could be yout item, looking at the picture.

attachicon.gifMicroscopy_adapter.jpg

Yes they do. So you are absolutely right! Thanks for your reply. I really wonder how it ended up in my drawer :) 

I had Amedeo Muscelli make me one of these to mount Visoflex lenses direct on an M240, as I could not find a S/H one at the time and this was before Novoflex made them (LEM-VIS). I will be selling that adapter with the Telyt 400/560 rifle lens kit and a Visoflex III. 

Wilson

Hello Hakan,

While looking thru references I came across 2 possibilities which look similar to your photo:

Leitz 22230: For using Arriflex mount lenses on Leica "M" mount cameras & allowing for focus from Infinity.

Leitz 22232: For using Practica/Pentax 42mm X 1mm thread lenses (Not T-2 which is 42mm X 0.75mm) on "M" mount cameras & allowing for focus from Infinity.

You might try measuring the internal thread separation distance of your adapter.

Best Regards,

Michael