Skies, clouds and small objects

chris_tribble

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And just as a reminder why we use M cameras... I was in Glasgow yesterday to re-visit the Scottish Colourists collection they hold (a real treasure) and had an M240 + 35 summicron asph in the bag - because we all know you should always have a camera with you!  There was amazing light in Glasgow that afternoon and I took a grab shot of the sky.  The sea gull (really tiny - but it would show beautifully in a print) stopped it from being an Alfred Stieglitz Equivalents rip-off :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I wouldn't have been carrying a DSLR, and a smudgy jpeg from my iPhone wouldn't have hacked it.

WHATEVER Leica does with the M10, they've still provided us with some remarkable tool...

Edited by chris_tribble
  • Like 12

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

And just as a reminder why we use M cameras... I was in Glasgow yesterday to re-visit the Scottish Colourists collection they hold (a real treasure) and had an M240 + 35 summicron asph in the bag - because we all know you should always have a camera with you!  There was amazing light in Glasgow that afternoon and I took a grab shot of the sky.  The sea gull (really tiny - but it would show beautifully in a print) stopped it from being an Alfred Stieglitz Equivalents rip-off :)

attachicon.gifL1002534-Edit.jpg.

I wouldn't have been carrying a DSLR, and a smudgy jpeg from my iPhone wouldn't have hacked it.

WHATEVER Leica does with the M10, they've still provided us with some remarkable tool...

Chris you cant be serious.........it looks like the camera went off in your jacket pocket

That's asking a lot from Neil....he doesn't know HCB either  (even while his free book from Leica quoted him on the cover)...  http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/265619-nice-present-from-leica/?p=3131163

Jeff

I love photographing clouds (I had to search for the seagull, Chris).

So do I, and this one has an interesting structure, with the gull the cherry. I had to search too, but as Chris said, it will print well.

• Like 1

No seagull but here's the moon. An old M8 shot. Would it be better with a M10? That's the $7,000 question.

• Like 15

A Leica for loonies? :D Just kidding, nice pic, Printmaker!   :)

I'm, not sure if the picture would turn out better with a different camera, but I don't think that's the whole question. Yes, IQ may indeed bet the ultimate decisive factor for buying a camera, but also ask yourself how you feel using it; how easy, intuitive, and quick-reacting it is; how comfortable it is to take around with you; and how robust and long lasting it is.

• Like 1

From m9. Since we are looking up. :)

• Like 5

Now that reminds me of this one. ;) M8.

• Like 14

A Leica for loonies? :D Just kidding, nice pic, Printmaker!   :)

I'm, not sure if the picture would turn out better with a different camera, but I don't think that's the whole question. Yes, IQ may indeed bet the ultimate decisive factor for buying a camera, but also ask yourself how you feel using it; how easy, intuitive, and quick-reacting it is; how comfortable it is to take around with you; and how robust and long lasting it is.

If you enjoy using a camera, you will take more photos. If you take more photos, you will make better photos.

Nice shot Jaap!

Shot this one from my front porch. Something to brighten your winter.

• Like 16