Help with a Close Focusing 35mm for Leica M240

joshs

@Luigi: is there an adapter for Contarex to M? Would be a funny item!

By sure !! I have two from different brands : not difficult to find... reasonable cost, and activation of diaphragm (the oddity of Contarex...) is decently managed. Distagon 18 and Tessar 250 are the Contarex lenses I mostly appreciate on M... so that my two adapters are permanently fitted onto... (distagon 25 is good too, but very heavy... while the Planar 50 is enjoyable for its 38cm minimum focus... better than a Summicron DR... :) )

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

The CV 35/1.2 v2, as an exception by design, focuses down to 0.5m, but you lose RF coupling after 0.7m of course. I don't really like the colors from that lens. I'd suggest Summilux-R 35 (0.5m) or Summicron-R 35 (0.3m).

I would love if Voigtlander added a detent at 0.7m - just to tell you that the rangefinder was uncoupling.....

• Like 1

I would love if Voigtlander added a detent at 0.7m - just to tell you that the rangefinder was uncoupling.....

Unfortunately my ZM Biogons 21 & 28mm don't have this detent too, both focus to 0,5m without "warning".

Closer focus is possible & makes sense for liveview cams.

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@duckrider: Thank you for directing my attention to the Novoflex Noflexar 35mm f/3.5. I found one ("Dachbodenfund") in the Ebay "Kleinanzeigen" and was able to buy it (it took a while...).

It is a M42 version, so I need an adapter for it at the M240. Interestingly, I was able to use a T2-to-L(M) adapter with the lens. The T mount seems to be the same screw mount as an M42 mount... But in this case, the adapter works like an extension ring, and the lens focuses only very close (which is my intention in the end...). Of course, I get higher magnifications this way...

Best regards, Gerd

In the meantime, my Novoflex LEM/CO adapter arrived and I was able to do my first test shots with the Novoflex Noflexar 35mm f/3.5 lens. Admittedly, my combination on lens, adapter, and camera does not lead to satisfying results when the lens is used as a "normal" 35 mm lens. There is a lot of (partly inconsistent) fuzziness around the center when the lens is focused at infinity or even less. I do not want to blame the lens for this -- it may be just my combination... For close-up shots, the lens is nice. My only gripe is that the distance ring of my sample is very hard to turn. Maybe it needs some cleaning...

Best regards, Gerd

PS: For details, see http://www.waloszek.de/m240_noflexar35_e.php

@duckrider: Thank you for directing my attention to the Novoflex Noflexar 35mm f/3.5. I found one ("Dachbodenfund") in the Ebay "Kleinanzeigen" and was able to buy it (it took a while...).

It is a M42 version, so I need an adapter for it at the M240. Interestingly, I was able to use a T2-to-L(M) adapter with the lens. The T mount seems to be the same screw mount as an M42 mount... But in this case, the adapter works like an extension ring, and the lens focuses only very close (which is my intention in the end...). Of course, I get higher magnifications this way...

Best regards, Gerd

Hello Gerd,

Congratulations on your new lens.

M42 (Practica/Pentax) Mount is 42mm X 1mm pitch while T-2 is 42mm X 0.75mm pitch.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

@Michael: Thank you for the information. In the meantime, I found this out myself and acquired a LEM/CO adapter (see post no. 29). It looks as if the screw mount "survived" using a wrong adapter for a short period of time...

Best regards, Gerd

• Like 1