Not necessarily an antidote for GAS, but words to cogitate over as the world, and our lives, turn another page.
My photographic resolutions:
- To use the Leica gear I have (S 006/M9) in new and imaginative ways - e.g. more B&W conversions of subjects shot with that goal in mind.
- Use my lovely Zeiss for Contax 120mm lens for more 1:1 macro imagery.
- Dust off my beloved Rollei 6008 with the bazooka Schneider 90mm macro, and turn my world square again.
- Fire up my Toyo 4x5 box and dip into that frozen cache of Quickloads and Readyloads that I have hoarded for years in order to shoot the Apocalypse in high def and with flattering camera movements.
- Shoot some 35mm Acros in the 60+ year old IIIc (?) I inherited from my beloved uncle.
- Burn more ink in my venerable Epson 7800 and bring images to life and then find a place on the wall for them to live.
- Resist the urge to add to new gear to the toy box. Rather, make something new and wondrous with the tools that are waiting patiently and capably to be pressed into that service.
Wishing you all a New Year of gear parsimony and unbridled exploration with the gems already in your hands.
Edited by Deliberate1, 31 December 2016 - 19:16.