Color switching Monochrome, any fast way to do that?

ComocO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It only affects the jpg image and what you see on the displays on the camera. The DNG file still retains all the color information as well as the full size image in case you also zoomed in using the digital zoom button.

Since we usually post-process images, then it is far more useful to convert to monochrome after capture.

That way your options are far more sophisticated.

Sure I get that. I use Silver Efex Pro to post process color images but I think its nice to capture monochrome images straight to the camera at times. I like how the Leica software renders B&W images, and to my eyes, is close to how I would post process them anyways.

Based on what Infiniumguy said above pico's advice makes sense especially for someone who is shooting raw only. Considering the limited number of customisable buttons on a Q I'd rather use them for some other function instead.

Based on what Infiniumguy said above pico's advice makes sense especially for someone who is shooting raw only. Considering the limited number of customisable buttons on a Q I'd rather use them for some other function instead.

Like what though ?

White Balance ?   That (IMO) in pretty useless if shooting RAW.   Exposure Comp ?  I already have that active on the thumb dial so don't need to press a button for it.  There really isn't anything all that useful for the Fn button if you ask me.

Now, what I would like is to have it do something like AF modes, or toggle face detect AF on/off.   As such, I have to set up 2 user settings to have different on the fly AF options which kind of "waste" one of those slots.

I have color, one spot AF, auto ISO,  color, area AF with face detect, auto ISO,  b&w with one spot AF, and then my 4th setting is manual ISO, manual WB, which I use for doing stitched pano files as I want nothing to change between frames