Sofort Question

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I succumbed, and bought my daughter a Sofort for Christmas - hard to get, this was the last one in the country, apparently.

Anyway, a qestion - she has loaded a colour pack, and wants to switch to B&W half way through the pack. No help in the instruction manual, and neither my daughter nor the camera are with me at the moment. I suspect it's not possible.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

I tried Googling both the Leica and Fuji versions but could find nothing to indicate whether you can change the film or not,  I'll bet that if she took the camera into a dark closet she could change the film, and place the removed film in a light tight box and leave it in the closet until she was ready to return it to the camera.  Worse case, she loses part of a package of film.

• Like 1

It is possible, in complete darkness avoiding exposing the remainig pictures. However there is an issue. When putting the film pack that was removed back into the camera (in darkness again), the camera ejects a picture as the dark slide and the film counter starts at 10 again. I've done this just a few days ago. Hope this helps.

Best

• Like 1