I have a few screws loose :)

aristotle

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi folks,

What's a good source for the screws that hold the back plate on to the lens?  I have a 35mm Summicron with a couple of screws that went walkabout.  And by "back plate", I mean the metal ring that mounts against the lens back surface that goes against the camera body. 

The good news is that I only noticed it because I just got an M 262, which is just super cool.  After more than a decade with my M6 and Leica lenses in a closet (after a series of Nikon DSLR's) this 262 has really rekindled my interest in photography.  Really, say what you want about the convenience and quality of modern DSLR's, but shooting with a rangefinder just changes the way you work.

My 50 Noctilux and my 90 Elmarit work perfect with the body.  The 35 'cron was a bit woobley when mounted, and wouldn't focus to infinity (either by the focus patch or by results from images).  Looking at the back surface of the lens, a couple of screws were missing, and the rest were loose.  No idea how that happened, but it is what it is.  I took one of the screws off of the Elmarit, and used one of the 'cron, which seemed to fix the problem even with one of the screws missing....but it'd be nice to get a couple of replacements.

Any advice appreciated!

And speaking of advice, as interesting as my f 1 Noctilux is, I think that I might have grown out of it.  Let's say I get rid of it for another 50, and maybe something else.  Maybe a 50 Summicron and either a 24 and a 75?

Again, any advice appreciated.  My subjects range from landscapes to portraits to street.

One way or the other, I'm really enjoying this 262 body.