I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't have an MP, and somehow the missing Leitz or Leica logo, aswell as the missing "Leica M6" or in the MP case "Leica MP" text missing disturbs me somehow.

But I understand the wish of keeping the Camera as clean as possible. I love Black Leicas. I believe a Camera should be Black.

And I'm looking at my M6 right now. And telling it how much I enjoy using it, and how happy and fortunate I am to be a Leica owner.

Why Oh why didn't I buy Leica earlier?

I've been following all the M8 hoopla lately and it only made me realize that I think I'm far better off buying an MP.

Now, being the digital nut I am, I will process my own negs but I will get a scanner to put my MP photos on the computer.

But yeah, the MP sounds like an amazing tool while they sort everything out with the M8.

My only indecision now is if I want to go silver, or if I want to go black... I can't wait to have it on my hands though.

Ah yes...the wonderful MP. Instead of a DMR...I added a second. Pic has been posted before somewhere here....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I love my MP of course,

aux plaisir!! ,eric

My kingdom, my kingdom, my kingdom for a horse.

A workhorse please.

• Like 1

What are peoples thoughts on 75 or 90 for portraits for this camera? Leave aside Summilux v Summicron debate for the moment. Just the length.

Regards

I've used both on my MP's - although I own a 90. Mostly use the .85 body for that...no problems for me using them.

What are peoples thoughts on 75 or 90 for portraits for this camera? Leave aside Summilux v Summicron debate for the moment. Just the length.

Regards

Hi Rob,

i use both, my 0.72 MP and the 0.58 M7 with the 90 mm but have to admit that the 1.25 viewfinder magnifier does help a great deal. In both cases i can still see the exposure controls.

cheers

A wonderful, silky smooth, Mechanically Perfect instrument.

Will it survive the arrival of the M8 I wonder ?

• Like 1

Martin, I know many will feel as you do. My 35 'cron is black, but I have to say that I kind of like the silver lenses, partially because of the brass and heavier construction, and partially because of the esthetic. I do prefer BP for the body though, and it has been said many times in the fashion world that black goes with everything. :)

• Like 1