Printing from the Epsom P807

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guys

I have just spent the day printing ~22 x A3+ Portfolio colour prints using the pre cut Epsom Signature Worthy media.................WOW I've enjoyed doing that.

The Epson Signature Worthy media comes in 4 types

Hot Press Bright

Hot Press Natural

Cold Press Bright

Cold Press Natural 

For my colour prints I used mostly Hot Press Bright and Cold Press Bright the difference being one is smooth and the other is bumpy :)

I have now completed my Portfolios. I have one for B&W Prints, one for Square prints and the last one for colour prints, I will add and take away prints as and when I feel necessary.

My leather portfolio binders were made in London by Plastic Sandwich believe it or not and they are amazing............smell pretty good too.

I wouldn't have been able to make these portfolios had it not been for lots of tips and advice from members on here......no need to mention names you all know who you are and all your support has been very much appreciated.

I'm now looking for an animated portfolio binder that I can add to my website, something that you can add pictures to so when someone clicks on it it would open up like a portfolio.............anyone know of such a thing?? 

Later

Neil

• Like 2

.......I'm now looking for an animated portfolio binder that I can add to my website, something that you can add pictures to so when someone clicks on it it would open up like a portfolio.............anyone know of such a thing?? 

Later

Neil

Take a look at my magazine(s) (ColoradoSeen - link in my signature). They are hosted by a site called ISSUU, from which I can embed a version displayed in my own site. Sort of a "Youtube" for non-motion image design.

Basically I make a .pdf file of my "portfolio" (magazine layout) page by page. I lay mine out in Adobe InDesign, but there are lots of ways to do that. Then export the .pdf, as a sequence of single pages (i.e. NOT spreads!). I upload that to ISSUU, and their software internally converts it to the "flippable" animated file, reassembling the spreads in correct order. Essentially it is a conversion to Adobe Flash, although since Flash won't display on iOS phones, they have an iOS-compatable player as well.

Result - a web "object" that flips like a book or magazine. Size can be anything that fits on a computer screen. I have small thumbnails on my web site, and clicking the fullscreen symbol lower right blows it up for detailed viewing.

There are some other similar publishing/hosting sites, such as Scribe. I don't know if any replicate ISSUU's animation technique, though. I'm using ISSUU's free service - for a pro price, you can get more display options and get rid of ISSUU's own ads and promotional stuff.

Anyone who can handle Flash can probably write you a custom animated portfolio of your own.

BTW - after 8 years my Epson 3800 started burping ink all over the place, so I just treated myself to a P800 (US version of the P807) as well.

• Like 1

BTW - after 8 years my Epson 3800 started burping ink all over the place, so I just treated myself to a P800 (US version of the P807) as well.

adan

I am sure you will be impressed with the new ink set for this printer especially the blacks. Image Print 10 working with this printer gives superb results .

+1 for issuu: https://issuu.com/paulashley

Mine are created using Blurb to create a book layout, then exported as a pdf, and uploaded to issuu. I'm also using the free option.

You can embed a link to an issuu book on your own page, but I'd be interested to hear if there is a way to make an animated book hosted on your own page.

Edit: issuu used to use Flash, which meant that the animations wouldn't work on an Apple device. They have just upgraded to HTML5, which I think means they no longer use Flash for animated page turns etc.

Edited by LocalHero1953

Neil:

Good to hear. I love printing on my P800. Most of my gallery work is done on a P800 using Epson's Hot Press Natural. I use Epson's ABW "warm" setting for black and white. It is great for printing nudes. Lately I've been making small portfolios of 6 prints presented in a portfolio binder. The gallery adds a red velvet ribbon and sells them for a few hundred bucks. I get the portfolios here:

http://www.ricestudiosupply.com

They're quite inexpensive and can be embossed with your logo, etc.

I've been printing my color work on Epson's Exhibition Fiber but am in the process of switching over to their Legacy Baryta. EEF scratches too easily and the edges curl in smaller sizes. I like the higher DMax you get by using photo black ink and the Legacy Baryta has great blacks. But you can't beat the feel of the Hot Press when presenting an unmated print to a customer.

Andy: I like your presentation. I may need to "borrow" that idea. Thanks!

Brian: You're right. Best inkset so far! Hardly worth going with the Cone carbon inks to eek out that extra 1% of archival life.

Paul: It seems to work on my Mac. No matter, these look great.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Printmaker, you should try ImagePrint 10, as Brian mentioned.  George DeWolfe compared it to Piezo and found the results comparable, with many terrific features that don't come with the Cone system.....see the end of this article....   https://www.colorbytesoftware.com/Ver10/Reviews/BandW_Master_Print.htm

I love it for its excellent profiles (including for different display lighting conditions), constant soft-proofing, unique output sharpening actions, seamless operation without ever having to input or change a printer or color management setting again, etc.  Much better for my tastes than Epson's ABW.  And it avoids the messes (e.g., color management changes, etc) that can occur in the Apple/Adobe/Epson chain, particularly when updates introduce changes you never considered.

I use IP10 in conjunction with the P800, after having used the 3800.  No regrets.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jeff I tried imagepro and just couldn't get into a work flow I would drag a picture into a template and then fight with it to get the correct orientation etc etc

I was trying this at work and not connected to a printer so maybe that had something to do with it. I will give it another go when I get home in Feb this time on my Mac Pro and in the meantime see if I can find any YouTube tuituals one basics work flows

Printmaker, you should try ImagePrint 10, as Brian mentioned.  George DeWolfe compared it to Piezo and found the results comparable, with many terrific features that don't come with the Cone system.....see the end of this article....   https://www.colorbytesoftware.com/Ver10/Reviews/BandW_Master_Print.htm

I love it for its excellent profiles (including for different display lighting conditions), constant soft-proofing, unique output sharpening actions, seamless operation without ever having to input or change a printer or color management setting again, etc.  Much better for my tastes than Epson's ABW.  And it avoids the messes (e.g., color management changes, etc) that can occur in the Apple/Adobe/Epson chain, particularly when updates introduce changes you never considered.

I use IP10 in conjunction with the P800, after having used the 3800.  No regrets.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I've used a few RIPs over the years as well as made my own profiles. I've tended to go with a combo of profile, experience and a test print or two to get where I'm happy with the print. It's when something changes in that Apple/Adobe/Epson chain (mostly Apple) that you talk about that I think about going with ImagePrint. But then the change only drives me nuts for a few days before I work it out. Still, I'll take another look. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Jeff I tried imagepro and just couldn't get into a work flow I would drag a picture into a template and then fight with it to get the correct orientation etc etc

I was trying this at work and not connected to a printer so maybe that had something to do with it. I will give it another go when I get home in Feb this time on my Mac Pro and in the meantime see if I can find any YouTube tuituals one basics work flows

Simple to do with tools provided.  IP has a series of videos on its own site.

I set up IP as an external editor to LR, so after I do my LR edits it's one click to IP and the image appears in the template box.  There are basic tools (and/or dragging) for sizing (dimensions appear automatically), rotation, centering, etc.  There are also actions for handling creative layout of multiple page images, but I tend to stick with the basics.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Simple to do with tools provided.  IP has a series of videos on its own site.

I set up IP as an external editor to LR, so after I do my LR edits it's one click to IP and the image appears in the template box.  There are basic tools (and/or dragging) for sizing (dimensions appear automatically), rotation, centering, etc.  There are also actions for handling creative layout of multiple page images, but I tend to stick with the basics.

Jeff

Happy Christmas mate.................Okay so I have taken the plunge and ordered image print. I had a long play with the demo and have believe it or not watched the tuituial videos. PS and Lightroom were just driving me nuts...........hopefully this will help me with the portfolio templates

• Like 1