How would you like to see a true á la carte M digital camera?

pgk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Don't like something bouncing on my chest and I've lost too many lens caps carry over the shoulder when someone or something brushes into it.  I carry mine, face down at the ready in a Billingham Digital over the shoulder.  Easy and quick enough to get it out of the bag where from there where I have a wrist strap for addd security. 

I've lost too many lens caps carry over the shoulder when someone or something brushes into it.

I never carry lens caps - keep thinking about getting some and spraying them fluorescent orange, but black ones seem to blend into whatever they are put down on all too often and disappear. Been there, done that, leave them at home.

I never carry lens caps - keep thinking about getting some and spraying them fluorescent orange, but black ones seem to blend into whatever they are put down on all too often and disappear. Been there, done that, leave them at home.

Or use this if you want to look like HCB or LCT. Only common point i'm afraid :D.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And hanging around the neck - I've slammed too many cameras when tying a shoelace. Besides, I dislike the phallic symbol association of a camera protruding from the belly.

If one has strong neck for this lens then it will make ultimate phallic symbol. :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

By which, at the risk of starting a contentious thread (no not really - an interesting and insightful thread perhaps), I mean; if you could order your 'ideal/dream' dRF from Leica, what features would you like? I know that there will be vast differences in opinions and desires but imagining a true 'á la carte' digital mix'n match camera, what would you want it to feature?

I don't need to. The M-D typ 262 in black is exactly what I'd order anyway. Oh, I might ask that they remove the 28mm frame lines ... I can't see them anyway so it doesn't really matter all that much.  :D

G

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind a few things added to my M240.

Flash socket (PC would be ok, but i would prefer a set of nice secure Lemo pigtails)

Wifi (actually this doesnt bother me so much anymore, but would have been handy in my previous job)

Better EVF.

A setting in the menu to change frameline colours when it goes under a preset SS (so i can have white 1/125 and above, and red 1/60 and below as a camera shake warning)

As for the strap discussion - my M is carried on steap diagonally across my body, or wrapped around my wrist.

I dont use an SLR anymore, but they used to be carried on a spyderholster system

Edited by Echo63

An M-D with EVF attachment capabilities in an M4 sized shell would do it for me.

Move the ISO dial to the top left like the M10 leaked images to help thin the body out. 35/50/90 one at a time optically illuminated frame lines (not the red ones, the real ones). That would be a winning camera for me.

Simple and clean when you want, with full Live View advantages for long/wide/adapted lenses via an accessory EVF. Best of both worlds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my ideal digital à la carte M would have a 0.58X viewfinder, shiny black paint with matte silver controls, real black lizard skin, a 36MP CMOSIS sensor developed from the M Typ 240 one, and a faster higher-res optional EVF. Strap would be like a black Domke gripper swivel strap with Leica style snap ring attachments.