I have a 50 mm Lux, what next?

kivis

The focal length that suits your shooting style and preferences, not ours.  After that, there are differences between versions in rendering (and of course speed), but again much of that depends on your output (screen versus print) and overall workflow.  

Some get by with one lens, some have dozens.  GAS is often involved.

Jeff

• Like 2

1+ for Lambda and Jeff S.

Only you know what subjects and style of shooting you do. Save yourself the trouble of buying your way through several wider FL's by first renting a 21, 24 and/or 35 first.

A second-hand Ricoh GR or Nikon P&S 28mm (equivalent) goes for very little and will give you a taste of that FL.

• Like 1

I would recommend either a 28mm or a 35mm in the maximum aperture of your choice. 

I currently have the 28 Elmarit ASPH and the 35 Summicron ASPH.  Both are outstanding and the 28 and 35 focal lengths are almost interchangeable - almost; there are subtle differences.  I previously owned the "old" version of the 28 Summicron ASPH (which was released in 2000) this lens was truly excellent in its own unique way, too. 

In my view, the ultimate all-around wide angle pair would be the 28 Elmarit ASPH paired with the 28 Summilux ASPH.  If I were to choose just one all-around wide angle, it would e the 28mm Summicron ASPH (newest version). 

That's like asking "I just ate french fries, what should I order to eat next". Silly question! You should consider checking into whatever focal length lens achieves what you are unable to accomplish with the lens you currently have, or augments it to more effectively produce the desired result.

• Like 4

+1 for lambda and TheGodParticle.

Your next lens should be nothing or everything.

As Jeff S said, it's personal. We can't help you as much as we'd love to.

And for the record, after eating fries, you should order either a burger or ice cream, depending on if you ate the burger before the fries or not.

Edited by michaelwj
  • Like 1