Whenever the new M arrives, who's going to buy one?

Any comment I have on price is purely conjecture. However, Leica has held the M price quite nicely from M9 through M typ 240. If the "M10" is a replacement for the M typ 240, I imagine they'll try once more to hold the price where it is, with the -P version when it arrives being a bit pricier.

For thirty-one years I was an SLR guy (nikons) and the M was a complement. I've never seen the M as a model of versatility ... it is best for me with just a couple of lenses and little else, something that raises simplicity to a high art. What in film once was a Nikon F and a Leica M is now a Leica SL and a Leica M. That's all; the SL is the versatile one.

• Like 4

Any comment I have on price is purely conjecture. However, Leica has held the M price quite nicely from M9 through M typ 240. If the "M10" is a replacement for the M typ 240, I imagine they'll try once more to hold the price where it is, with the -P version when it arrives being a bit pricier.

For thirty-one years I was an SLR guy (nikons) and the M was a complement. I've never seen the M as a model of versatility ... it is best for me with just a couple of lenses and little else, something that raises simplicity to a high art. What in film once was a Nikon F and a Leica M is now a Leica SL and a Leica M. That's all; the SL is the versatile one.

Sort of. If you have the same needs as you did on the M9 then you found out if was more expensive. Needing a USB port added £600 to the cost. At release time I think it was more like 800 though.

Edited by Paul J

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sort of. If you have the same needs as you did on the M9 then you found out if was more expensive. Needing a USB port added £600 to the cost. At release time I think it was more like 800 though.

I never needed and never used the USB port on the M9, and have never needed it on the M-P typ 240 (one reason why I didn't buy the multifunction grip) or M-D typ 262 (for which it's not an option). 

• Like 1