liang_mic

My 2c...

To the OP, taking the factors that I can read into your request:

1) You have a M262 (no Liveview).

2) You are after close-up, rather than macro.

3) You have a DSLR macro solution, but want to be able to shoot close-ups with your Leica when traveling.

4) You have a 50mm which can focus to 0.7m.

5) You haven't complained about the 50mm's FOV, only about the difficulty in focusing.

With the above, and assuming that a low-budget solution is the first to try, I would spend a bit of time working with a tripod, finding the optimum distances for shooting the scenes you want. Use a small measuring tape (or cut a piece of cotton thread for each distance) and mark the focus on the lens (if not minimum focus), to keep a usable record to carry with you when out shooting handheld. Then stop down sufficiently to capture what you want.

I would work on honing the technique before buying my way into a more viable solution.

Edited by EoinC

I find the restaurant setting, especially white linen, silver cutlery, glass and a flower to be an excellent still life arrangement. Add to it the chef's sculptures and you have some very pleasing pictures with minimal effort. And minimizing effort is why we use machines.