Fuji Mountain x Red Leaves

TerenceYam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear friends,

I just came back from the lake area near Fuji Mountain in Tokyo.  It was a great trip, although the weather was kind of bad.... it is simply too foggy to take a perfect shot of the Fuji Mountain.

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and tried to call for a taxi to the shooting location I have in mind. However.....no taxi....at all! As stubborn as I am, I decided to walk for 1.5 hours to the location for the sunrise shot.

As I was walking towards to the destination, I have a bad feeling since I can see NOTHING over the lake. The Fuji mountain disappeared.  After I arrived, I sat there waiting for the sun to rise.

However, there came the sun, and I took my first shot.... here it is... "Ladies and gentlemen, Fuji Mountain Sun Rise!"

31123828222_d6d86725d3_b.jpgDSC06961_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

I was disappointed but at the same time.... my stubbornness overpowered my brain again.  I decided to sit there and wait for the perfect moment.  It was so cold, and luckily I brought with me a bottle of hot coffee....

People started to come in, including some folks who decided to do canoeing on a foggy day.  With nothing to do, I took some pictures of them.

31123829032_17aef6c091_b.jpgDSC06983_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

31123830072_ea55eff76e_b.jpgDSC07008_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

I have waited for more than three hours..... finally, my persistence paid back... the fog started to go away, and I was able to see the coast on my right-hand side. 

31123830662_c5ef8fc9c3_b.jpgDSC07026_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to share with you this picture that I took under a big tree full of red leaves after three hours of wait!  Hope you will enjoy it.

Best regards,

Terence from Hong Kong

30446594754_d9771b2314_b.jpgDSC07158_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

30446588864_60eff9030a_b.jpgDSC07103_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

31268173765_0b087e0154_c.jpgDSC07060_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

30446595874_3ed48a2a29_b.jpgDSC07201_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

31268159775_e7c096781e_b.jpgDSC06858_s by Terence Yam, on Flickr

• Like 11

Breathtaking particularly the one taken of the mountain with part of the tree shown above. One of the best landscapes scene I've seen so far. Love the contrast between the fiery colors of the leaves and the muted almost monochrome tones of the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breathtaking particularly the one taken of the mountain with part of the tree shown above. One of the best landscapes scene I've seen so far. Love the contrast between the fiery colors of the leaves and the muted almost monochrome tones of the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

• 3 months later...