Tripod for S

Joakim

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't do RRS, but I agree that that leveling plate is a better design than Gitzo's. The Gitzo leveling column has the same twist lock as the RRS, but being a column loses the advantage of the RRS's low profile.

--Matt

still not sure if it will work on the Gitzo mountaineer

Gitzo are very good on spares. I would suggest that before you do anything else, you contact them and see if the damaged parts are available. Gitzos are easy to strip down (I do so with my Gitzos every so often to clean them and re-lubricate them and my oldest (a Mountaineer) is still going strong despite having bought it used in 1980).

I decided to go with the RRS TVC 24L after all, I've read so much positive about them and I also found the extra height of this model to be a big plus. Your idea about looking for spares is very good and maybe I've should have thought about it myself or maybe I just wanted a new tripod so that I "forgot" this option. Anyway I will be looking for a spare part and try to fix it whether I am going to sell the tripod or keep as an extra.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Just bought myself one of these. I removed the center colon and it just sits perfectly on top of the original plate.

Oriental with center colon in place

18911b0a1ca3396536041cb73921ace8.jpg

Box

9d59f6ca71adc5630788bf5e511c491d.jpg

f0fd0b15d444091b82569d9087531468.jpg

In place

eccb074b7058c484493839a4cc18f8d7.jpg

Installed

173204bc346547b8e295ffabde8aa666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Neil D

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I would say that it is not needed for static photography with a B&S head, intended for film/video to get level panning....

john

i would say your wrong once again John. You see I like shooting panoramas and having a leveling plate is perfect for this kind of photography........... as always pictures to follow. :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That is not what I would include in static photography as the camera is moved ;-) They are also useful with Wimberley style heads.

As an aside, when else did you say I was wrong?

john

i also have and use a wimberly head :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

As an aside, when else did you say I was wrong?

john

Always. Your argumentive and for what ever reason you keep trying to harass me with your sarcastic pitiful comments.

I asked you before and will ask you again to add me to your ignore list as ....... thanks