Updated: Rome One Challenge 2017

satijntje

The restaurant has come back to me.

For 35€ (say 40€ to include a tip) they can offer us

• - Water and housewine
  • - Mix Appetizer (cold cuts,mix bruschette, fried vegetables,focaccia)
  • - Rigatoni Amatriciana
  • - Saltimbocca alla Romana with roasted potatoes
  • - Tiramisù

That sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm sure that any vegetarians can be accommodated too.

Does that sound like a plan?

I have until end of April to confirm acceptance of the menu but can confirm numbers later.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Andy,

Saltimbocca can be made from either chicken or veal (either is fine by me) but for the benefit of forum members who might prefer not to eat veal would you ask the restaurant to tell us which their saltimbocca is made from please?

Pete.

I have emailed the restaurant again, asking whether there can be an alternative meat dish for those that don't eat veal and a vegetarian option too.

Obviously, when catering for 40 people at one go, it's much easier for everyone if there is a set menu, but hopefully they will be able to be a bit flexible.

The location is ideal, I would say, and the place looks good both on their website and Trip Advisor. I will provide tooth picks for anyone that wants one.

As soon as they come back to me, I will let everyone know the details and the rules of engagement!

• Like 2

I know James, it's not my first Challenge :-)

Just interested to stay in a hotel where other challengers are staying as well to enjoy the evenings at the hotel bar!

Looking forward meeting you again

John

Hi John,

I know, I do remember meeting you! I know often a number end up at the same hotel and thought you might have assumed that there was some kind of arrangement.

If I can make it I will try and find the place I stopped at last time although it was about 10 years ago. I can't remember the hotel's name but I'm sure I'll be able to find it 'walking' on google maps. I know it was near the Vatican area!

• Like 1

If I can make it I will try and find the place I stopped at last time although it was about 10 years ago. I can't remember the hotel's name but I'm sure I'll be able to find it 'walking' on google maps. I know it was near the Vatican area!

Thanks james, that is very much appreciated.

See posting nr 42

John

The veal is off.

I have substituted "Straccetti of beef" in lieu.

Given the numbers, we will have to have a set menu (above), but they will be able to cater for vegetarians, provided I can let them know how many we are in good time. The vegetarian main option is "Ravioli ricotta cheese and spinach in tomato sauce with a large plate of grilled vegetables.

Hi Dagmar & Carsten,

I have been to Rome once before and stayed at a hotel near the Vatican, which turned out to be a good location - not that far to walk into the 'main' parts of town but a nice quiet area with local bars/restaurants as well.

If you are going to see the Vatican and Coloseum (you really must!) you will probably be approached by tour guides offering a guided tour and no queue - take it!! I was unsure but it's money well spent, and the guides we had were all very informative.

Hope to see you in October!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Andy, this is not a senior moment. Menu sounds good to us so please include Eileen and I. Once again many thanks for for all your hard work in organising the event.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1