Noctilux for the S007

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sure, but then you need a camera system to implement that preference, which in this case would not be medium format. You really want an M, too, but just don't want to admit it (or maybe you're still learning the tradeoffs between MF and 35mm). :o

Jeff

good morning

Happy thanksgiving

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Sure, but then you need a camera system to implement that preference, which in this case would not be medium format. You really want an M, too, but just don't want to admit it (or maybe you're still learning the tradeoffs between MF and 35mm). :o

Jeff

if Leica came out with a new M with built in IVF and 36plus Megabytes then I would get one along with a 1.0 Noctilux and live happily ever after [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

It would not be an M with an EVF, why did you buy the f0.95 when you now want the f1.0? I have both and they are pleasantly different to each other, but no way is 14bit FF comparable to 16bit MFD......

john

Whats 16 bits of MFD???

I do not understand this quest for a Noctilux on the S. DOF is much thinner on MF than on FF, and the 100mm at 2.0, the 120 at 2,5 or the 180 at 3,5 (close distance) are "functionally Noctilux" on the S in my opinion, already difficult to handle for portraits, unless you want only one eye in focus.

if Leica came out with a new M with built in IVF and 36plus Megabytes then I would get one along with a 1.0 Noctilux and live happily ever after 

But that's not what you said before (I know it's hard keeping up with your 'evolution')...   http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/262461-s007-s008-timing/?p=3077995  

Excerpt...  "Unless the new M has a 47 x 38 inch  sensor I am not interested in the M."

[bTW, unless you mean mm, that's one HUGE sensor!!]

It's really not all about sensor size after all.  Again, tradeoffs.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

So what drives your reasons? Just cost? Why is the S better than a D810/A7RII/5DSR as the latter all have higher pixel counts?

john

Because you cant share pictures or chat about a D810/A7R (I have both) on the Leica Forum................I like the chit chat and the banter here on the Leica Forum so obvisoly if I'm chatting on here then the obvious thing is to use Leica equipment. I'm hoping that the Leica Forum will open up a wee section (Mods) for the X1D folks as I really think that camera is going to take off, and quite a lot of the guys on here will probably get one.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil, feel free to buy me an S system (or X1D) so we can have more intelligent banter.  You can even have my personal email.

Jeff

If you want to buy my S system, give me a shout................I'm planning to sell the S system and buy a M240 with 1/2 a dozen M lenses, and live miserably ever after :) :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Well, Neil, just sell this lemon of a camera system and move to the GFX...

I have a GTR...........I have no idea what a GFX is.................please ezplain?