The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Leica M 10

• Please log in to reply
2651 replies to this topic

#2641 steppenw0lf

steppenw0lf

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 15:01

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Overall impression?  It is possible that this is the last digital M I will need to buy.

WHY

Very funny, really a great joke.

Please give me a cent for every person saying : This is probably my last camera/lens ....       :D  :P  :lol:

I remember the X1D announcement. How many did say "It's so wonderful, this is going to be my last camera", and are now standing here and thinking about ordering the M10 ...

Edited by steppenw0lf, 27 January 2017 - 15:06.

• waterlenz and BerndReini said thank you to this

#2642 Peter H

Peter H

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 8,956 posts
  • City / Ort:Scottish Highlands

Posted 27 January 2017 - 22:50

I remember the X1D announcement. How many did say "It's so wonderful, this is going to be my last camera", and are now standing here and thinking about ordering the M10 ...

I don't know.

What's the answer?
peter

#2643 pico

pico

Sponsoring Canine

• Premium Member
  • 13,935 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • City / Ort:Winona

Posted 27 January 2017 - 23:00

I have already decided to get an M10 or two depending upon income taxes I need to pay. While I can afford the M10, I keep to a budget established when I signed over my estate to my housemate. It is comfortable living with a  financial buffer leveled to middle-class income.  Even Leica cannot persuade me otherwise.

Is that not a German kind of economic philosophy? (I admire German ideas of cash vs credit)

• waterlenz, SPB2 and ramarren said thank you to this
Hell, I am in my own ignore file.

#2644 BerndReini

BerndReini

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:28

I think I will buy one. When I judge the things I buy by the amount of joy they give me, then my Leicas are some of my most worthwhile purchases.

• SPB2, Steve Ash, Rick and 2 others said thank you

#2645 ramarren

ramarren

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:38

Very funny, really a great joke.

Please give me a cent for every person saying : This is probably my last camera/lens ....       :D  :P  :lol:

I have already decided to get an M10 or two depending upon income taxes I need to pay. While I can afford the M10, I keep to a budget established when I signed over my estate to my housemate. It is comfortable living with a  financial buffer leveled to middle-class income.  Even Leica cannot persuade me otherwise.

Is that not a German kind of economic philosophy? (I admire German ideas of cash vs credit)

I never say "never" but I'm pretty happy with the equipment I have now. I don't find myself overly motivated to buy anything. I'd love an X1D for the large sensor, but will only get interested to put money on the table when they offer the right lens for my intended use. I'd enjoy the viewfinder and sensor improvements in the M10, but only when they offer an equivalent M-D type model. Meanwhile, I'll keep on keeping on with what I have now, and sell off what I'm not using. 

#2646 SPB2

SPB2

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:14

I admire German ideas of cash vs credit

Agree with that!

• Kyros Moutsouris said thank you to this

#2647 Leicanew

Leicanew

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWestern Europe

Posted 29 January 2017 - 14:37

For those using the Visoflex on the M10; what data is available on the evf? is it the same as the information shown on the rear screen? is it customisable by any means?

Thanks for your help in advance!

#2648 otto.f

otto.f

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 22:16

It has GPS and without it you don't have GPS on your M10. It is not more or else customizable than LV via the screen. You can customize the colors in which focused areas are depicted, blue red white or green, and some others things which can be found in the manual on the Leica site

#2649 Leicanew

Leicanew

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWestern Europe

Posted 29 January 2017 - 23:22

It has GPS and without it you don't have GPS on your M10. It is not more or else customizable than LV via the screen. You can customize the colors in which focused areas are depicted, blue red white or green, and some others things which can be found in the manual on the Leica site

Thanks otto.f,

I am aware of the GPS add-on. What I am interested is in understanding what information is shown on the visoflex's screen while using it. Anyone using the EVF out there? also, is focus peak featured on the EVF?

Thanks!

Edited by Leicanew, 29 January 2017 - 23:22.

• waterlenz said thank you to this

#2650 ramarren

ramarren

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 16:05

The information on the EVF is identical to the information shown on the LCD. Just download and look at the sections in the M10 Instruction Manual for "display" and "monitor".

There are too many specific entries to enumerate them all here. (Yes, focus peaking is one of the display modes.)

• otto.f and Leicanew said thank you to this

#2651 ramarren

ramarren

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 18:43

I just downloaded an update to PhotoRaw, an iOS raw converter. Amongst other improvements, it has been upgraded to support the Leica M10 DNG files. Very useful for those (like me) who use an iPad Pro as their on-the-road field computer.

iOS was also recently updated to v10.2.1 ... I installed on my iPhone and iPads yesterday, it works well.

Edited by ramarren, 30 January 2017 - 18:45.

• ynp said thank you to this

#2652 otto.f

otto.f

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 13:42

@ Leicanew: There's also an exposure-lineal from -3 to +3, like in the R8, to see how much you're under or overexposing

Edited by otto.f, 31 January 2017 - 13:43.

• Leicanew said thank you to this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

Leica Deals